PDA

View Full Version : Couple Box building Qs for you builders. Assembly help

I Like Waffle
02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Im about to assemble my first box out of 1 inch MDF so i dont wanna ruin anything as i spent almost 50$ on the materials. I did a few boxes out of particle board for practice but those were regular squared boxes and this isnt. This one is gonna have an angled face. Heres what ive got as far as wood:

Bottom piece - 20x48
Back piece - 14x48
Top piece - 14x48
Angled face - 18x48
Side pieces - 30x24 (gonna have to cut to spec when i get the box mocked up)
2 - 24" clamps
Titebond 2 premium wood glue

What all should i do next? Ive also got some L brackets to help support the inside of the box as well. Im just not sure about what parts of it and such to put together first. Im thinking im gonna have to put all of it together before i put the angled face on it because im gonna have to cut some 45s and such for it to mount and seal good. Looking for help from the experts here :)

I Like Waffle
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Changed my plans a little bit. Gonna do 2 15"s now. Is there any optimum place to put them in the box? Like really close together or real far apart or what? Im just gonna space them out equally

psych0ticnemes1
02-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Spacing them equally is the way I do it. I don't think it much matters though.

Was your box designed for a single sub and now you're trying to add another? If so, I wonder if the volume and tuning will be correct...

I Like Waffle
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Spacing them equally is the way I do it. I don't think it much matters though.

Was your box designed for a single sub and now you're trying to add another? If so, I wonder if the volume and tuning will be correct...

Box is designed for 3 but it will work for either 2 or 3. Its around 5 cubes. I just dont wanna spend the extra money on another sub and moar power right now.

I Like Waffle
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
So of all the boxes built here noone has any tips eh