PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Volvo S60-R speaker questions

firehawk618
02-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Hello, I am new here but have been doing alot of reading but have not found an answer to a few questions.

1st is I have a 2004 Volvo S60-R and it had the premium sound system that has an amp under the drivers seat. That amp powers all the speakers in the car EXCEPT the center one on the dash, that one is powered off the factory deck. Does anyone know what impedance the speakers in this car are?

2nd is there a good 5 channel amp that is not using the 5th channel for subs? I would like to install just one amp and power all the speakers in the car except my subs.

dlschevy
02-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Some volvo use factory dynaudio speakers, i don,t know about your car, but in my opinion use the factory amp and the speakers and only install another amp for a sub ....i recomend a good sub, like a DLS ..

dlschevy
02-12-2009, 01:37 AM
also change the factory HU.....

firehawk618
02-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the super fast response! However the factory deck is already shelved, and the factory amp was fried...long story there but it is gone none the less.

Currently running everything just off hu power and it is pretty bad :(

I have no problem putting a 4ch amp in place of the factory amp but I really want to use the center speaker hence the need for a 5 channel amp. I really don't want to add another amp just for the center channel by itself.

dlschevy
02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
ok i undestand, you can use the five speakers (center too), all than you need is another amp (5 channel) only conect all correctly and no problem...

firehawk618
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
So anyone know what ohms the factory speakers are?