PDA

View Full Version : "The box" for 2 tempests....

burn
08-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Hey, i would really like to know what the size should be for the box for 2 tempests i'm going to be making.

I have read that it needs to be pretty big, and it must be ported. I want it tuned to 28hz for some sick low end, and i have around 9 or 10 cubic feet to work with. Not to mention that i want each sub in seperate chambers.

So if anyone can help me design a box for the subs, and help me calculate how big it needs to be, and how many ports i need and how big the ports need to be (since i'm new to this) it would be very very helpful.

thanks

ss3079
08-20-2003, 05:30 PM
I was told a minimum of 3.5 cubes for a single Tempest ...

I'd go 7 or 8 cubes with a lot of port, 50-100sq. in.

One question, why do you want them in seperate chambers?

- Steve

burn
08-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Well they would be built together... as one big box.... with a peice of wood in the middle seperating them... i read that if one blows than the other one could be damaged if they are both in one big box... if you understand what i mean...

do you have any slot port dimensions that i could use?

burn
08-21-2003, 01:25 PM
ok... i'll take your advice..

lets say i make the box 9 cubes.... where should i put the slot port and what should the dimensions be to make it 28-30hz?

burn
08-22-2003, 04:16 PM
bump........

burn
08-23-2003, 01:06 PM
i don't know... externally i guess

russrocks
08-24-2003, 04:14 AM
If one blows, you'll know it, hit the pause or mute button, and go back and check ...

If you're stupid enough to try to play the surviving one at full volume despite the other one being blown, you deserve to have another blown sub ;)

A single chamber is more forgiving, easier to build, and easier to design ...
why would you want a 9 cube box with no bracing :nono:
sepatare the chambers, it could use the support and then some