PDA

View Full Version : Question about 6" flared port

*Ace*
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
This may be a stupid question.

I was looking into getting this (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=268-354) flared port. It says it can only be cut up to 17" long? Couldn't I just connect it to a 6" pvc elbow and extend it beyong 17"? Why do they state that?

Rashaddd
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Good luck finding a 6" elbow, but yes you could. Only place I've seen is online for like 30 bucks a piece...

roarzorz
02-11-2009, 12:00 AM
The thinwall pvc from Lowe's fits perfect as the center section for those flares. The kit comes 17" long that's why they say that but you can make them however long you want with a different center section. If you need it longer you'll come out better to just buy the flares & rings from Thriller Audio and use a stick of pvc from Lowe's.

*Ace*
02-11-2009, 02:16 PM
How do you piece them back together when you cut them? I know, stupid question, but I got to learn somehow.

roarzorz
02-11-2009, 02:18 PM
How do you piece them back together when you cut them? I know, stupid question, but I got to learn somehow.

The flare, connecting ring, and center section are all seperate pieces. They interlock when putting them together and you can tape them temporarily or glue them permanently.

netzero
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Get some PVC cleaner and glue from lowes or home depot if you want it to stay that way. Some duct tape and use little screws to make them interchangeable... for the cleaner and glue, just wipe the outside of the pipe with cleaner, wait a few seconds and put some glue on it, then push it into the ring. do the same with the ring and flare and your done.

DonH
02-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Quick concern for you:

Homedepot and or Lowes might not have the 6" pvc your looking for brah! But they might! so call them to make shure! you dont want to drive there and find out they dont carry it!

on the other hand find a local Irrigation store! They will have anything you need! They might be a little more expensive but you will be getting what you need!

skmfkr
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
The thinwall pvc from Lowe's fits perfect as the center section for those flares. The kit comes 17" long that's why they say that but you can make them however long you want with a different center section. If you need it longer you'll come out better to just buy the flares & rings from Thriller Audio and use a stick of pvc from Lowe's.

x2 just get flares and couplers from thriller