PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure Design Programs or Box Designer On This Site?

Psycareyo
02-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I've decided to build my own enclosure since there aren't any audio shops in Plattsburgh, NY that do this anymore.

Well...I took some wood working classes in high school and I'm fairly certain I can do this without a problem.

I just have no idea how to render images of the enclosure and make plans. I took a class on technical drawing but I didn't keep any of my materials.

I've tried the Google Sketch and it won't work correctly on my PC.

I don't want to spend more than $50 on the program. I just want to input the basic dimensions and have the program render the image for me.

Any simple programs out there? Should I just get pics and dimensions and post them here for plan ideas instead?

Being a noob at this stuff really *****! I hate paying people to do stuff for me.

Buck
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
A really easy one is:

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Psycareyo
02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I think my enclosure is going to be sealed and I'm looking for a program that will render an image. The link you provided doesn't seem to do that. Maybe I'm not seeing something because I'm on a restricted work computer.

Thank you though.

Buck
02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I think my enclosure is going to be sealed and I'm looking for a program that will render an image. The link you provided doesn't seem to do that. Maybe I'm not seeing something because I'm on a restricted work computer.

Thank you though.

It kind of does but it's a ported box design, not really used for sealed.

Psycareyo
02-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess it was just slow. It does work. For like 3min it wouldn't let me input my fields.