PDA

View Full Version : 3 12" Jl audio w1v2 Sub box

Moltof
02-10-2009, 02:18 AM
I have been thinking dreaming and talking about a box for my subs and amp's for weeks now it is actually making my girlfriend mad! She got so tired of hearing about it she wen out and bought me the three subs!

I have
Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 amp
Rockford Fosgate p400.4
3 JL audio 12" w1v2 8ohm subs

The car I have is a 2000 Nissan Xterra so box size is not really a problem!

I have not decided on sealed or ported yet. I really don't care about bass that much I figured with three I would get plenty anyway! All I care about is that it sounds good and that my bass response is very quick and on time with the mid range drivers in my doors I have Alpine type R's btw.

The box I have in mind will hopefully be a half circle shape (although I'm open to anything) I don't like the presence of square boxes they don't give of a nice flowing chi! I would like to fiber glass the front of the box on each chamber or the whole thing if you guys suggest a single chambered box.

I am also planning an amp rack on top fiber glassed with about a 30degree angle so you can see them both nice.

So my questions are plentiful, and hopefully someone helpful but more importantly knowledgeable can help me!

1. I listen to every type of music from rock to techno to rap and I like SQ! Do I go sealed or ported or some crazy form of abc or bandpass box? Do you have a design that you could show me?

2. Should I use a single large chamber or 3 separate?

3. Jl audio uses an awesome box for there W7 will this work for a W1? If so does anyone have spec's on how to build one?

Not related to the box but maybe someone could answer these!!

A) With the wattage I'm pushing is a stock 80amp alt and battery ok?
If not should I upgrade battery or alt first?
What size alt?
Will yellow top work?
B) Will 2 gauge JL audio wire into 4 gauge work?
Or should I run 2 gauge for PG and 4 for RF amp?
C) Do those subs and amp sound compatible? Ex. wattage and 2.66 ohm's I think!

Thank You for the help pictures would be awesome I can really do whatever I want with the subs and amps I have all the time in the world and a basic knowledge of wood working and fiber glassing but the patience to hopefully get me through it!

P.S. Pictures of similar installs sent to my email or posted here would be awesome to get more ideas flowing!!!!

Moltof
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Any Help?