PDA

View Full Version : is it worth getting 100 wrms+ mids/amp with no deadener?

wp7456
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm looking at getting something like an sax 125.2. Also looking for the best components for ~ $150 for the sundown. Still deciding on whether or not deadener is going to be needed. How much would it cost to sufficiently cover the two front doors? Is there a bottom line best bang for the buck deadener? I need something decently cheap, but not crap. Also is there stuff that is reusable, or do you all just leave it in the cars when you sell them eventually?

Lastly, do you all think it is worth deadening the trunk of the explorer, at least the top? My setup is sub up, port side.

oh yeah, When I hook up the second amp do I just daisy chain it to the sub amp? And then how would I get power, run a distro block?

Thanks guys.

15" FI Q w/ no BP (sub up port side)
Kicker zx750.1 -- 928 wrms

atsaubrey
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Without answering everything I will make things very simple for you.

Rule #1 You cannot have enough deadener.

Rule #2 you get what you pay for.

Ok, enough with the rules. No, I do not know of any reusable deadener. Second Skin Damplifier Pro is the best and most ECONOMICAL deadener for the rsults you get.

That is all ....carry on.

wp7456
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
thanks! I was thinking about just the regular damplifier, but the pro sounds like it is a better deal. I will be buying some soon. I can handle doing the doors, but I want to do the trunk as well.... I have a 2000 explorer, anybody know any guides to doing it in an ex...

I just pulled the trigger on the 125.2, got it from db-r!

aturcotte127317
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
or, use fatmat, it is cheap and works pretty well, you can throw 2 layers and you will be set!