PDA

View Full Version : how this idea sound?

jeepintn
02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
ok, so for the past few weeks i have been slowly collecting gear for my upcoming install. this is what i have so far:

alpine 9835
id ctx65cs comps
id oem mids
dd s4 amp(if you dont know, 200x2 and 100x2)

im trying to figure out the best way to run this to be loud and sound good doing it. i was thinking running the OEM mid up front instead of the comp sets mid since it supposed to be able to handle the higher wattage better, and the mid from the comp set in the back for rear fill off the 100x2. i was also planning on running the tweeter off the HU, but i have a question. if i want to run this setup active, when i setup the xover on the HU, does the HU xover both the signal from its speaker output and RCA output or just the RCA? like, is the signal going to the harness at the same xover point as the signal through the rca's.

maybe my best/easiest option is to simply run this setup passive?

i have never ran an active setup, and any advice on the loudest, best sounding way to set this up would prove VERY helpful.

macq32
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
sounds like with 3k posts, I'd hope to not see these kind of threads

jeepintn
02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
sounds like with 3k posts, I'd hope to not see these kind of threads

thank you for your valuable, highly informative post, now gtfo.

Trey803
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
the crossover is designed for the mids it comes with

jeepintn
02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
i dont think i made sense, this is my question:

1. i assume when you setup a HU's xover, the signal that goes through the RCAs to the amp is duplicated through the HUs internal amp?

2. if the above is true, could i connect my tweeters straight to the HU and run the mids and rear fill off the amps 4 channels and be active?

3. is this even a good idea? LOL