PDA

View Full Version : 02 chevy x-cab box HELP!!!

disturbed_won
02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
i currently have a box a sealed cheapy box under the seat now for 2 12's a front fire and it sounds like CACA very badly i have 2 MTX thunder 8000's with a Autotek 100.2@800 watts @ 2ohms mono load and i just want them to sound GOOD sealed or ported it doesnt matter i just want some good sounding bass can anyone help i have a friend that is a local cabinet maker that is going to help with the box building so i just need some measurements.....

and also with the box i have is it possible to port it with some round ports and make it sound good???

THANKS TO ANYONE FOR ANYHELP!!!!

DonH
02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
pics of the box please? haha also yeah you can add aeros but how big is the box? ft^3????

bunkerking09
02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
normally people like the SOUND of a sealed box more

Deathstalker
02-09-2009, 12:36 AM
If space limited? If so go with sealed, they have tighter bass with a fairly small space requirement. And since your going under a seat that is what i would recommend for 2. Now if you want to remove the seat. Then you can go ported get louder and get close to the same tight bass.

disturbed_won
02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
well its an ebay special 1.25cf per sub seperate chambers the aero ports i have a 2.5X4 im not sure if they will sound that good im not a box builder by no means i just want something that sounds good d/d and still have my back seat..

thanks for yalls input