PDA

View Full Version : 08' Rainbow crossover ??

andrios
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Sup guys, just got my new SLC 265's. Im kinda confused with the crossover, its not like the rectangular version which only has a +,- for the input and 2 spots for woofer, 3 spots for tweeter. I know most people have an option to wire the tweets down to 0db or -db, but Im a noob and I think mine just uses jumpers..... Anyone have a picture of the proper way to wire the crossover? It looks like this one.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7048

I read the manual and played around with the jumpers, Im still kinda confused. What is the main diff between these round crossovers and the rectangular ones?

Also I hate the cover on it, its a pain to remove lol. The tweeters are pretty **** loud tho!!

Thanks

SQPL
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
post pictures so we can see and suggest/help you out.

andrios
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
post pictures so we can see and suggest/help you out.

Thanks, I will in a bit!

andrios
02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Ok I figured it out, I guess its kinda cool to have the jumpers there is many options to work with.

I know how to change the jumpers but can I do it while the car is on and playing music or do I gotta turn the car off first?? LOL I got the f90bt so turning on and off is a pain when I gotta wait like 20-35 sec for it to turn on....I forget how it sounded before I changed jumpers LOL.

Thanks

andrios
02-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Sorry another stupid question...........when I am using the crossovers what setting should I use for the amp? FULL or HIGH?

Thanks!