PDA

View Full Version : 1969 VW Beetle....future build

IA2
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Im about to be hooking up a sub in a friend of mine's beetle, and am looking for suggestions/opinions. There is room behind the back seat above the engine for a single 10" woofer (which was my original plan and probably still will be). My question is, what do you guys think about a front mounted subwoofer, as in a box in the trunk of the beetle (which is in the front instead of back) with the sub(s) firing to the rear of the car? I've never heard a setup like this, so I can't formulate an opinion on it.

ideas?

DBBOOM
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
ported through the firewall? or what ever you would call it in a bug.

Dutchie.
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Im about to be hooking up a sub in a friend of mine's beetle, and am looking for suggestions/opinions. There is room behind the back seat above the engine for a single 10" woofer (which was my original plan and probably still will be). My question is, what do you guys think about a front mounted subwoofer, as in a box in the trunk of the beetle (which is in the front instead of back) with the sub(s) firing to the rear of the car? I've never heard a setup like this, so I can't formulate an opinion on it.

ideas?

I've thought about this too, because a friend of mine has an mr2. I was thinking that the area may be a little too small though?

But an mr2 also has a rear trunk that's bigger.

troy_audi0
02-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Slot port or sealed behind the rear seat if you have a rear deck cover fire up
it will load real good like

dave_damage
02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I heard a Porsche back in 95 that a 12in Soundstream Reference in the "Front Trunk" and it sounded **** good. The set up was real nice All Soundstream Reference amps Custom painted yellow. It was that car that got me into Soundstream.

troy_audi0
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
ported through the firewall? or what ever you would call it in a bug.

Seen it its nice if you have the time & skill todo it corect 7 pull it off..
it was a 10" IDQ Zapco Amps the car may still be running around SD Cali
PB area

Team Nemesis-DJ
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I had 2 10s ported back in the 90s....subs up and port up ...