PDA

View Full Version : too small box for brahma?

lombardo
08-17-2003, 11:00 AM
I made a 1 cub ft sealed box for my brahma 12. The reccomendations on adire's website says .8 to 1.5 or something. People have been saying give it 2-3 cubes. Why would adire give out bad reccomendations? Or will 1cub foot be sufficient? I'm thinking about making a new box 1.25 cubes with 1" mdg instead of 3/4 particle board. Think there will be a big difference?

grizzjwill
08-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I made a 1 cub ft sealed box for my brahma 12. The reccomendations on adire's website says .8 to 1.5 or something. People have been saying give it 2-3 cubes. Why would adire give out bad reccomendations? Or will 1cub foot be sufficient? I'm thinking about making a new box 1.25 cubes with 1" mdg instead of 3/4 particle board. Think there will be a big difference?Umm if you didt build the box out of mdf board thenyour gonna have to build a new one and the people saying 2-3 cu are prolly talkin about a ported box.

B0mberman
08-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Umm if you didt build the box out of mdf board thenyour gonna have to build a new one and the people saying 2-3 cu are prolly talkin about a ported box.

Yup he's right...3/4 particle board is not good for sub boxes...it's not as dense as MDF, so it won't ensure the complete seal...so u shud remake one with 3/4 mdf, and 1.25 sounds good...

violator5spd
08-19-2003, 01:02 AM
I don't know why people always shoot down boxes made out of particle board? If it's built right it will still be able to perform just fine, especially if it's only a cube or so. Sure MDF might be a little better, but unless you've got a big box and lots of watts, you'll be fine with a well built particle board box.

Trixter
08-19-2003, 01:04 PM
I have built a ton of boxes with particle board with no problems. My B-15 is in one right now...it is two layers on 3/4.