PDA

View Full Version : 3 ways?

Bayer
02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm in the market for some new components for a 2008 jeep patriot, and I think its time for me to step my game up and throw a 3 way set in. Theres not alot of in depth information available that I could find, so... to 3 way or not to 3 way?
oh yeah, I'm looking at the Hertz ESK 163L

macq32
02-04-2009, 11:23 PM
maybe you'd get some replies if you took that sad excuse of a beer out of your avy

Beerdrnkr
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
maybe you'd get some replies if you took that sad excuse of a beer out of your avy

That beer is a poor mans drink of choice ;) First time I got drunk off of beer was Natty Light, I later stepped my game up to Mickey's and Busch.

Anyway, are you looking to go active or passive?

dragnix
02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
step your game up would be to do a 2way active front stage, if you aren't doing active already

Rashaddd
02-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Depends whether the extra is a dude or another girl

Etac
02-05-2009, 06:07 AM
depending how its a setup.. a 3 way setup can sound the same or worse compared to a 2 way setup.. a 3way setup can sound much better... but it requires a little more work

shaneb
02-05-2009, 06:43 AM
I've yet to hear a 3-way sound as good as a 2-way horn car.
But if your looking for 3-way. Please, go with Hybrid or DLS.
Focal just isn't there. Let me rephrase that. The car I heard, I didn't prefer the tuning SO much. It sounded good.

cbrei1023
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I would keep the budget and grab a better 2 way before I went with a 3 way. 3 way requires more thought and skill for install. They are more difficult to tune as well. I think a nicer 2 way set will usually sound better than a 3 way set unless installed by a professional. If you go 3 way though I would recomend checking out Rainbows SLC-365. They are a nice set. If you go 2 way maybe check out Rainbows Germs, or Alpines Type-X pros.

Bayer
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
That beer is a poor mans drink of choice ;) First time I got drunk off of beer was Natty Light, I later stepped my game up to Mickey's and Busch.

Anyway, are you looking to go active or passive?

I dont mind natty... Bang for the buck thats for sure. And no one should criticise a college kid for drinking ****** beer, you gotta do what you gotta do ya know?
Ok so heres the deal, I was trying to avoid if at all possible going active, thats why I was thinking passive 3 way. I dont have very much experience with tuning higher end systems. :crap:

I would keep the budget and grab a better 2 way before I went with a 3 way. 3 way requires more thought and skill for install. They are more difficult to tune as well. I think a nicer 2 way set will usually sound better than a 3 way set unless installed by a professional. If you go 3 way though I would recomend checking out Rainbows SLC-365. They are a nice set. If you go 2 way maybe check out Rainbows Germs, or Alpines Type-X pros.
I am definitely capable, but by no means a professional regarding installations. The general concensus seems to be higher end 2 ways, possibly going active. My 2 way choice was the rainbow SLC, or this :http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7181. I need to do alot more research about active crossovers, Might be something I add in later rather than right away. If anyone has some good, all inclusive links about active crossovers I would appreciate it. Until then Ill just keep pressing search until I come up with something

Redcloud
02-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I have the hsk163 in my 2008 R32 and they sound amazing. You definitely won't be disappointed.

lyttleviet
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I have the hsk163 in my 2008 R32 and they sound amazing. You definitely won't be disappointed.

They are pretty great!

carguy83
02-16-2009, 10:22 PM
DLS gets my vote. I have the Iridium 8.3i's and they sound amazing. But like mentioned above, the install is a bit more involved than a 2-way setup. Place the wrong driver in a bad position and it will really hurt the component's performance.

Bayer
02-17-2009, 12:55 AM
So the concensus is higher end 2 ways... I still think I want to try a 3-way setup. If I have to rebuild a few times, its all good... I want to do it mostly for the experience. I'm relatively inexperienced with higher end systems and I want to learn, I think pushing myself with a 3 way system is the best way to learn :confused:

DEdwards
02-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I vote either the Clarus 2 ways or the Legatia 3 ways....I have heard both ran activley and both are very good

www.hybrid-audio.com

atlbraves
02-17-2009, 01:37 AM
cdt also makes some very good 3 way sets

Bayer
02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
cdt also makes some very good 3 way sets

Ya, I just recently got laid off so I may go with CDT's. I had a 2 way set in a ford focus for ahile and they didnt sound bad at all. Plus wofersetc has that pretty sweet sale on them. Any CDT reccomendations? I have a very tough time figuring their product line out,. Hope to keep the components around 275-300. I think i may be dreaming on that one though to get what I want out of the speakers