PDA

View Full Version : homemade wall speakers suggestion needed :)

Xprime4
02-03-2009, 09:40 AM
The room ain't that big but right now i'm using ****** don't even know what brand speakers for the 2 back channel on my 5.1 system.

Anyway, i would like to make my own "little speakers box", to hook up on the wall (gotta be small) and i would like suggestion on where to look for pieces (partexpress????). Any tutorial on how to build a nice enclosure ( one shared enclosure???). My receiver is a kenwood something i think 80watt per channel. I got one 12in type r on the lowend and some ****** front speakers.. my car soud 10x better than my home theater setup :p: this ain't cool!

I think i should stay with 2-3 inch drivers and my gf burned the receiver remote so i'm not sure i can play with its hpf option a lot. Best bang for the buck is wanted

ballstothewall
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Look around on www.zaphaudio.com for ideas.

Xprime4
02-03-2009, 10:33 PM
wow a lot more complicated than i tough it would be .... i'll bookmark this for sure

ballstothewall
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Theres a lot more to a set of quality speakers than slap some stuff in a box and run a set of wires...

Fast1one
02-04-2009, 01:03 AM
If you aren't looking for crazy volume, maybe something extremely simple such as:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker18.html

Make sure to read his notes about wall mounting, they involve a change in the crossover network. You will need to cross these over and you can do it using an external crossover network.

Xprime4
02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
:rolleyes:
If you aren't looking for crazy volume, maybe something extremely simple such as:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker18.html

Make sure to read his notes about wall mounting, they involve a change in the crossover network. You will need to cross these over and you can do it using an external crossover network.

"You will exceed Xmax with 8 watts at 90hz" :rolleyes: they aren't power hungry :D

The crossover thing is really complicated to me... can i buy some kind of freefab crossover with adjustment...

jdawg
02-04-2009, 06:42 PM
you can get prefab crossovers but they aernt adjustable, how much you want to spend?