View Full Version : Front stage questions
02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Anybody got a quick min that could help me with a few questions before I make anymore purchases.
Questions concern wiring.
02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
fire away..i'll try to help.
02-01-2009, 11:31 PM
pm me. i'll see what i can do
02-01-2009, 11:36 PM
i can try to help you. just ask away in here
02-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Here it goes. My main objective is to upgrade the stock 6.5mids to ID OEM mids and push them with a 125watts.
I know nothing about front stage what so ever so with that said....
First of all I'm running everything off the stock oem stereo I have a hi-lo converter connected to my 6x9's for subs. I also have stock tweeters which i don't need to replace at the moment.
* In order to hook up the ID OEMs would i need to purchase anything else besides the amp? like crossovers or is that not necessary since i'm not buying a whole tweeter/mid/xover set
Mids = ID OEM (single 4ohm)
Lets say i bought this amp here:
* 2-channel Amplifier
* 142 watts RMS x 2 channel at 2 ohms
I would need to wire parallel right? like this:
*2ohm load for 142watts
1) basically i need to know how to wire all this... what goes where?
2) how would i wire the subs in parallel if they're on opposite sides of the car?
3) should i be looking at a completely different amp or is this one fine?
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Why not post for all?