PDA

View Full Version : extreme port?!?

yourmomonacid
08-15-2003, 10:51 PM
ok i have a box its about 4 feet long and 2.5 feet front to back its 18 inches tall and i was wondering if i could do this..ok im planning on makeing a square port im going to make the whole box basicly port i was wondering if in the port i could put smaller peices of wood inside the port to kinda make a port inside a port
its hard to explane say theres a port on its side cut in half this is it...______without a top lol well could i do something like this
.....___!___ wit a gap in the top then put another one in with the hole on the bottom and soo on and soo on so theres a series of 8 in the longgg port im makeing ill try and post a diagram but..if u guys understand what im saying tell me what u think

yourmomonacid
08-15-2003, 11:00 PM
like this...hopefully it works

yourmomonacid
08-15-2003, 11:01 PM
but with strait walls lol

MXJMR
08-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Why are you wanting to do this? Well its sounds to me like you might have a slight case of port noise. Im not sure i have never done anything like that before so if i were you i might wait for some other reply's.

kingpin_jeffie
08-16-2003, 02:05 AM
That setup would make your port longer if you could do it the right way, however, you would probably have a ton of port noise. If you want to make your port longer then just add another baffle to the interior of the box.

yourmomonacid
08-16-2003, 01:35 PM
i was planning on routing the edges of the wood soo theres no sharp edges and makeing the inside of the ports soo they have nothing in them to catch air

kingpin_jeffie
08-16-2003, 10:55 PM
Well as long as your real careful and precise with what your doing give it a whirl. If it works cool if not oh well back to the drawing board.

the_flatlander
08-18-2003, 12:35 AM
What ever floats your boat