PDA

View Full Version : no more clash of titans

jnralp00
02-01-2009, 12:55 AM
:confused: Jim retire? Bout the only shows there were around here:crying:

jnralp00
02-01-2009, 12:55 AM
the website is gone. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened.

Team Nemesis-DJ
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
that ***** .......i wanted to to hit up one of those shows ....

jnralp00
02-01-2009, 01:00 AM
that ***** .......i wanted to to hit up one of those shows ....

yeah man... the clash shows that I went to were pretty good. Except for the AC mic.

mystang
02-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I had a blast traveling to the shows in GA. Also, my team quite enjoyed the shows in Columbia, SC.
I was wondering when someone would post something about this.
Hope it's not over, but I noticed the website was gone and no activity on Myspace in a while now.

shakin
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
clash shows are still going to happen this year. me and him are going to get together and set up some dates. website was lost b/c he couldnt get the guy to keep it updated. give some ideal dates that yall would like to have a carshow and i will see what i can do.

shakin
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
bump for all to see

jack0409
02-02-2009, 11:24 PM
After March I will have my system ready.

mystang
02-03-2009, 10:45 AM
clash shows are still going to happen this year. me and him are going to get together and set up some dates. website was lost b/c he couldnt get the guy to keep it updated. give some ideal dates that yall would like to have a carshow and i will see what i can do.

Date isn't that important. just have them on Sundays and I will do my best to be there.

shakin
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
i will let him know. supposed to meet up with him saturday. he did tell me though that there will only be a few shows this year b/c he his not getting the turn out he used to anymore. if we could make his shows better, more people showing up, he will probably do more. i would like to see clash shows back to normal again, they are a lot of fun.

jnralp00
02-03-2009, 07:30 PM
i will let him know. supposed to meet up with him saturday. he did tell me though that there will only be a few shows this year b/c he his not getting the turn out he used to anymore. if we could make his shows better, more people showing up, he will probably do more. i would like to see clash shows back to normal again, they are a lot of fun.

I wasn't able to make it to many this past year, but if he thinks his turnout is bad tell him to look at MECA's (which is really the only other ones around). The MECA shows don't really have near as many people as the clash shows. He may get some more serious competitors also if he would invest in a TermLab instead of the AC.

skmfkr
02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
yeah i think the termlab would help, i didnt even kno there was any meca shows around here, i usually just go down to fla for db drag and iasca

shakin
02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
whats the difference, i mean the scores really dont count for anything besides his records. everyone likes to see high scores and besides if you go to shows with a tl you already know what you do so why complain about him not having a tl. his shows used to have great turnouts but everyone started going to other shows. he already lowered his prices and is still giving out trophies instead of plaques or certificates. all in all they are just for fun shows nothing serious.

I wasn't able to make it to many this past year, but if he thinks his turnout is bad tell him to look at MECA's (which is really the only other ones around). The MECA shows don't really have near as many people as the clash shows. He may get some more serious competitors also if he would invest in a TermLab instead of the AC.

jnralp00
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah i think the termlab would help, i didnt even kno there was any meca shows around here, i usually just go down to fla for db drag and iasca

There were a couple last year, but they hold them in AL and a couple other states nearby. You can look at the scores and competitors from each event on their website. The turnout usually isn't that big.

jnralp00
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
whats the difference, i mean the scores really dont count for anything besides his records. everyone likes to see high scores and besides if you go to shows with a tl you already know what you do so why complain about him not having a tl. his shows used to have great turnouts but everyone started going to other shows. he already lowered his prices and is still giving out trophies instead of plaques or certificates. all in all they are just for fun shows nothing serious.

That is kinda my point the AC scores don't count... Noone cares about AC scores. And I don't know what my score is on a TL any more. I didn't get a chance to go to the shows where dude was using a TL. But sure it's fun to put up a big number on his display, but when someone asks what you score and you say 160 on an AC, they don't care. Just my opinion... no need to get defensive;)

allout13
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Id rather have plaques or certificates and it be even cheaper

shakin
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
That is kinda my point the AC scores don't count... Noone cares about AC scores. And I don't know what my score is on a TL any more. I didn't get a chance to go to the shows where dude was using a TL. But sure it's fun to put up a big number on his display, but when someone asks what you score and you say 160 on an AC, they don't care. Just my opinion... no need to get defensive;)

not getting defensive but people all last year just kept saying over and over again. me personally i could care less what mic it is on it is all fun to me. besides to him it would be a waste of money to him who knows how much longer he will do it and with no real turnouts and the overhead he would just loose money on it.

shakin
02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Id rather have plaques or certificates and it be even cheaper

thats true maybe he might switch to that but who knows but i highly doubt he will ever get a tl. tl's can be played with too to change a score just as well a ac can

grassroots
02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
wanna buy a box for two 15s tomorrow zack?

for the cheapness haha....

shakin
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
no im good want a prefab vented box for 1 15:D

wanna buy a box for two 15s tomorrow zack?

for the cheapness haha....