PDA

View Full Version : slot port help

jj53913
01-31-2009, 04:13 PM
I ran into a problem that I have never ran into before with my port. I am walling off my dodge and the box is 18 5/8" internal depth. The Face of the box will be right at 2" thick. The port is 30"x8.5" and 17.5" long. I was drawing it out on wood and the the port would go back something like 16" (wich the 2 inch face) and then thats where the bend would start but the it would only go down 2" which dosen't do anything. Hopefully this makes enough sense for someone to help me

DonH
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I ran into a problem that I have never ran into before with my port. I am walling off my dodge and the box is 18 5/8" internal depth. The Face of the box will be right at 2" thick. The port is 30"x8.5" and 17.5" long. I was drawing it out on wood and the the port would go back something like 16" (wich the 2 inch face) and then thats where the bend would start but the it would only go down 2" which dosen't do anything. Hopefully this makes enough sense for someone to help me

what? clarify.

psych0ticnemes1
01-31-2009, 06:31 PM
What exactly is your question?

jj53913
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't know how to exactly clarify what I am asking, but I will try again.
My port was going to be 8.5 high x 30 wide x 17.5 long. I'm using the top of the box and the back of the box for the port. The box depth is 18 5/8". The front of the box is 2" thick.
So the front of the box being 2" thick I need to go an aditional 15.5". so the bottom of the port will be 10" to where the 90 starts down. So measuring down the center of the port, the port would end before I can extend the port down.

psych0ticnemes1
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
What are the dimensions of your box? I think I know what you're saying but I need to visualize it. There is a bit of gray area once your first port piece ends exactly the width of the port away from the back piece.

You have explained a scenario but haven't really asked a question... What is it exactly that you're trying to figure out? How long the second port piece should be, if it is even needed?