PDA

View Full Version : Couple install ?'s for you guys...

rumblebee2
01-31-2009, 01:00 AM
1st- i see these beauty panels you guys make, but, i don't usually see any screws holding them onto the speakers and what not. how do you keep them on?

2nd- What is the definition of 3hp subs and 4hp subs?

Thanks you.

IDSkoT
01-31-2009, 01:06 AM
1st- i see these beauty panels you guys make, but, i don't usually see any screws holding them onto the speakers and what not. how do you keep them on?

2nd- What is the definition of 3hp subs and 4hp subs?

Thanks you.

Beauty panels are attached different ways. One way I know of is to just glue it on. But, I'd prefer screwing them. I'd personally use carriage bolts or something. Or, you could screw it in, and then carpet over.

And, in technically, horsepower is a measurement of power, and can be set forth towards electronics. But, I believe that 3hp and 4hp subs are model names from a company... I just don't know which. I think DC, though.

Juice0723
01-31-2009, 01:11 AM
well 746watts = 1hp. So that might be it??

rumblebee2
01-31-2009, 01:19 AM
well, i saw meade- yeah i know- use those little magnets off PE which i thought was a cool idea. i was just wondering if there was another way so i could remove them easily other than glueing them on.

Blue Fury
01-31-2009, 01:31 AM
you want to remove the magnets from the panel? Why?

rumblebee2
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Up

Cravingbass123
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
LOLOLOL 3hp and 4hp are motors designed and made by TC sounds or whats left of them, audiopulse

3hp is one of their motors with a 3 inch coil
4hp is the 4 inch coil mega big pimp motor that alot of subwoofer brands use/base their motors off of

rumblebee2
01-31-2009, 04:35 PM
ty- cravingbass. i knew the tc part, but, wasn't sure exactl;y what was different with these than other motors. there was a little tutorial on here about a year ago, but, couldn't find it.

i don't wanna remove the magnets blue fury. i wanna see if there is another way to keep them attatched other than glueing incase i wanna remove the whole panel to egt to the box or whatever.

AVX Mike
02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Go to radio shack and get some small neo magnets. Drill a small holes in one of your panels and glue the neos into the panel. Put a small metal plate (the ones that come with nav antenea work great. Place those on the box or whatever you want the beauty panel to stick to. That's all it should take.

roarzorz
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Parts Express also sells the plastic push tabs. They're basically just a male and female plastic piece that push together. That's how most covers are attached in home audio.