PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get rid of my pioneer and get something else.

I Like Waffle
01-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Im looking to get rid of my pioneer and try out a different brand here soon. Mainly because of all the problems i hear people having with them with the pico fuses and faceplate lights and whatnot. Im running a 4000ub and love the usb input, built in high pass, the EQ, the 4v preouts, and the blue display. If i get rid of this ill be looking for something in the 150 range to replace it maybe higher depending on budget. What you guys think?

Justin89T
01-31-2009, 01:51 AM
The new kenwood 993 looks sick. your price range would probably sit around the 693 though.

They're not out till March.

adam71
01-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Im looking to get rid of my pioneer and try out a different brand here soon. Mainly because of all the problems i hear people having with them with the pico fuses and faceplate lights and whatnot. Im running a 4000ub and love the usb input, built in high pass, the EQ, the 4v preouts, and the blue display. If i get rid of this ill be looking for something in the 150 range to replace it maybe higher depending on budget. What you guys think?

Wait, so you want to get rid of a deck because you've heard others have had problems with Pioneer head units and yet you haven't had any problems with yours?? Do I have that right.??:confused:

For $150 you're not going to do any better than what you have now.

If you're looking for different sound then change out speakers, amps or subs. Or save your money for a while and spend MORE than $150.

quins90lac
01-31-2009, 07:42 PM
the lights on my old deh1600 didn't go out till like after 5 years and my new one is only like 2 years old and i aint had a problem with it .If your worried about the pico fuse blowing don't hot swap your rca and you will be fine

I Like Waffle
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I think im having the same problem with the pico fuse in mine. Ive got a shitload of alternator whine and babies screaming and whatnot through my sub amp. I already have decent speakers, i didnt say i didnt like the way it sounded. I love the sq of it. i want the new 2009 model 5100ub :crazy: I might sell mine and get that one. I just cant stray from my pioneers :(