PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass experts i need help

KB777
01-30-2009, 07:58 PM
How do you make fiberglass dor panels and still have them fit on the door? Do you use the skeloton of the door panels and glass on it and use the original snap on clips or is there a better way. :confused:

DASHBOARDS. Where do you sucure ur dashbord if you build a custom one from scratch. Do you use the same spots that the old one conected to and if so how. Or do you bracket it down or what? :confused:

springer
01-30-2009, 08:45 PM
i have also been wondering this... about the door panels... anyone???

WrenchGuy
01-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Usually tracing the weather guard onto wood is used as the base of the panel. You will sometimes have to use different types of clips but that depends on the application too.

You just end up making brackets and such when starting from scratch. You can utilize the dash pieces also if necessary.

KB777
01-30-2009, 09:10 PM
anygood site about this

SoundConnection
02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
For custom door panels I have always built off of the factory panel and been careful to leave the factory mounts there to use. If not you can start your build with 1/8" masonite and drill holes where the factory hardware was and put new clips in. If you bondo glass over the new mounting hardware it will stay in place.

As for custom dashes from scratch, I will build a skeleton and try to use as many factory mounting points as possible. You can also make your own brackets. If you go here: http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=65730 you can see a build I did that incorperated both a custom dash and door panels.

The build will finally be done this spring. It has taken forever to get the interior panels painted and covered in leather.

KB777
02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
For custom door panels I have always built off of the factory panel and been careful to leave the factory mounts there to use. If not you can start your build with 1/8" masonite and drill holes where the factory hardware was and put new clips in. If you bondo glass over the new mounting hardware it will stay in place.

As for custom dashes from scratch, I will build a skeleton and try to use as many factory mounting points as possible. You can also make your own brackets. If you go here: http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=65730 you can see a build I did that incorperated both a custom dash and door panels.

The build will finally be done this spring. It has taken forever to get the interior panels painted and covered in leather.

that is hottttttt man nice design