PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Celica firing direction

Supergumby5000
01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Im putting an 8" sundown E8 in my girls friends car, which is an older toyota celica (not a hatch).

Just curious on what everyone thinks will be the best firing direction before i design a box. Seats will remain up 90% of the time im guessing.

Any input would be appreciated. I havent done many builds in trunk cars.

Supergumby5000
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
For reference, this same body style:

http://www.thinkpoz.snappville.com/thinkpoz/notascrub/27911

IDSkoT
01-30-2009, 01:36 AM
It depends, honestly. Some people like back / back, some people like back / forward, some people like back / up (through the rear deck).
When I rebuild, I'm gunna do forward into cab with cab sealed off from trunk with a single aero through the deck. Rashadd did this with his 18's.

KyleBechtold
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
if you aren't sealing off the trunk then 90% of the time in trunk cars it sounds best sub back port back on drivers side..

Supergumby5000
01-30-2009, 01:41 AM
It depends, honestly. Some people like back / back, some people like back / forward, some people like back / up (through the rear deck).
When I rebuild, I'm gunna do forward into cab with cab sealed off from trunk with a single aero through the deck. Rashadd did this with his 18's.

Yeah, i dont want to get that much into it. She just heard my stereo, and wanted a little bump. She's already got a Pioneer premier deck and premier speakers all around.

I'm just gonna do a ported box. I didnt really think about playing with the rear deck though.

Maybe ill do port back, sub up then.