PDA

View Full Version : Camry acting like bandpass trunk

DFW40
01-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I have a Camry 2009 and I took out the rear deck 6X9's and I keep the seats folded up. I have tried several boxes and subs which I own and jack around with like most on here and this car must have a 9 DB gain between 30-37 hz. I have tried a sealed box with a normal QTC and barely anything over 40hz or so makes it into the cabin. I think I have a sort of Bandpass that is making it really hard to get any bass over 40hz into the cabin. I have an old 8 inch Kicker in a 1 cubed box tuned to 40 hz and you would think when it hits the lows that I have a 12 inch XXX in the trunk. I can turn crossover off and makes no difference. Anyone else with this type of prob in a car with trunk?

Rashadddd
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
fold the seats down

higher frequencies are dampened more by things like a big *** seat cushion blocking its path

jdawg
01-29-2009, 06:05 PM
put in better door speakers

DFW40
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
put in better door speakers

Door speakers sound good, spent many an hour doing that and they hit the midbass they should hit. My last car peaked at 48hz and this car peaks probably around 35 hz. I could fold down the seats but I am 35 with a car seat and it is a company car. Folding the seats down did help a bit but it should not be that hard to get a strong 43 hz note into a car since that is usually the one that rings most loudly. I might cover up 6x9 holes and fold one seat partway down to see what happens.

DFW40
01-30-2009, 01:03 AM
bump for subsonic Kamry

AVX Mike
02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Which way is your box facing? If it is not posistioned optimally you can get major cancellation at certain frequencies. Try moving the box around. Best I have found is firing towards the passenger rear taillights.