PDA

View Full Version : looking at a alpine 9886 a couple questions.

kurrupt
01-29-2009, 03:32 PM
alright im looking for a new hu (currently running a pioneer 7700)

the things i like about my hu are the e and the abilty to have a volt meter on my hu. thats what mine is always set as on my current hu and was wondering if the alpine had this feature or atleast some what of a decent display.

i hate just having the track name on the hu. and also how is the eq on this unit? i will be adding a seperate eq later down the road but will be using the one it comes with for now.

eharri3
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I have one. No voltmeter thingy and the EQ consists of basically overglorified bass and treble controls, Bass adjustible with a Q of 1-4 at 60, 80,100, maybe 120 (I forget) and treble at 10K, 12.5, 15, and 17. Pretty useless. I think Alpine's new philosophy is if you want real EQ get a 9887 or else buy IMPRINT so they can get a return on their R&D investment on it. I have heard mixed reviews on IMPRINT and from what I hear it limits your ability to make further on the fly adjustments without erasing your baseline settings.

Go for one of the higher end Pioneer Premiers or Eclipses with a decent EQ and time alignment, you may very well find the tunability on those things is enough that you don't need add-ons.