PDA

View Full Version : which EQ should i get?????

gattaluvdatBASS
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
ok i have about $125 maybe $150 to spend on an EQ or a 4 channel amp. now i can wait to power my insides untill i get my comps n just buy the EQ since i already have another system hooked up in my car.

so whats the best EQ for the buck looking to buy soon!
so if you have one or know of one LMK!

or should i just forget the EQ and get a 4 channel?

eharri3
01-29-2009, 03:39 PM
IMHO if you're just buying as you go with a specific endgame in mind, it doesn't matter. If you're looking for bang for the buck and max improvement from each addition to the system, get good components with lots of clean power first. You may or may not find that you even need an elaborate eq to suit your tastes afterall that and if you do you may find just a simple cheap 5-10 band will give you what you need to fix just a few small trouble spots rather than a more elaborate one that will be harder for a beginner to adjust properly. But EQs aren't there to polish a turd, they're there to fix frequency response problems caused by the natural acoustics of your vehicle's interior that you haven't been able to overcome even with quality equipment and a planned, logical install.

audiolife
01-29-2009, 03:42 PM
if you dont have the speakers amplified an eq will not work. only eq that would work would be a power booster type until you got an amp.

jco1385
01-29-2009, 04:02 PM
you could buy my EQX for $90 shipped and throw the rest at a cheap 4ch :fyi:

gattaluvdatBASS
02-07-2009, 08:58 PM
IMHO if you're just buying as you go with a specific endgame in mind, it doesn't matter. If you're looking for bang for the buck and max improvement from each addition to the system, get good components with lots of clean power first. You may or may not find that you even need an elaborate eq to suit your tastes afterall that and if you do you may find just a simple cheap 5-10 band will give you what you need to fix just a few small trouble spots rather than a more elaborate one that will be harder for a beginner to adjust properly. But EQs aren't there to polish a turd, they're there to fix frequency response problems caused by the natural acoustics of your vehicle's interior that you haven't been able to overcome even with quality equipment and a planned, logical install.

iv had systems in my car before and i dont need a big trunk EQ just a 7-9 band is good for me i know why u use them and thats why im looking for one.

SQL4Life
02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
the clarion is a popular choice and its like 60 bucks tops. eq746 or something like that im unsure on model number