PDA

View Full Version : Should I Upgrade from my Alpine 9833?

pdxlou
01-29-2009, 07:36 AM
My car is a 2003 VW Jetta VR6 . I currently have a Alpine 9833 deck. The other components of my systems are (I dont have the specs and model numbers on hand).
Front: Focal Component Speakers.
Rear: Focal Component Speakers.
Sub: 1 JL Audio 10" In a custom made box.
Amp: Its a 6 Channel Amp, JBL, JL.. cant remember.
Dynamat in the doors, and trunk area.
Streetwire cable..ect

Total cost for everything (Not including the price of the deck as it was from another system I had) was around 2100 for the Parts and Labor.

The system sounds good as it is right now. Everything is run off the amp and the deck isnt being used to power any speakers. I am currently thinking about geing XM radio installed and it got me to thinking.. Well.. as long as I am there, should I maybe look into getting a new deck..

I was thinking about either the Eclipse CD7200 MKII or the Alpine 9887. I like the fact that the Eclipse is a deadhead as I am not currently using any of the decks power, so why buy a deck that will have it that will add to the overall heat of the unit. Also.. will a deadhead unit consume the same amount of power as a deck that has a built in amp, but not being used? As in my current configuration. I do like the look of the Alpine though.

What this all comes down too is.. Will i notice any major WOW!!! HOT ****!! by switching decks? I dont want to just waste money if i wont notice anything different.

Looking for some comments.

Thanks =)

Lou

t-money
01-30-2009, 12:08 PM
if your happy with how it sounds, why change? i have the 9835 and i can turn the internal amp off, do you not have that option with the 9833?

James Bang
01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
if your happy with how it sounds, why change? i have the 9835 and i can turn the internal amp off, do you not have that option with the 9833?

yes he has that option w/ the 9833

OP: the "major WOW!!! HOT ****!!" will come from what you DO w/ the deck..

Bass Addict
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
yes he has that option w/ the 9833

OP: the "major WOW!!! HOT ****!!" will come from what you DO w/ the deck..EXACTLY !! i wouldnt upgrade if i was you.

dman4486
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre1105l.jpg