PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any 3-D dvd's????

oldschool4me
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
looking for 3-D dvd, will buy or trade for.

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
nobody?

hatemonger
02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
what exactly is a 3-d dvd?

hatemonger
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
imax style video?

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
imax style video?

i know they have a few, but a 3d dvd would be ones designed for use with 3d glasses.

hatemonger
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
i know they have a few, but a 3d dvd would be ones designed for use with 3d glasses.

ahh. never used 3d glasses, other than the one eye blue, one eye red ones, when i was a kid, which was never very exciting to me. how has the technology gotten better? i've been to imax, but the 3d glasses has been a lost concept to me for 20 years.

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
there was a polar express 3D version, jaws 3, friday the 13th part 3, amityville 3D, shrek, fly me to the moon. to name a few.

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
ahh. never used 3d glasses, other than the one eye blue, one eye red ones, when i was a kid, which was never very exciting to me. how has the technology gotten better? i've been to imax, but the 3d glasses has been a lost concept to me for 20 years.

its has improved alot with technology, now the movies are not all wierd. you can watch the new ones without glasses and they look normal.

did you see teh animated 3D comercials at halftime? also tonight chuck tv show is going to be in 3d.

i guess the new 3d movies are going to become popular.

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
some interesting info from wiki.

New developments (2006-present)

Through the entire history of 3D presentations, techniques to convert existing 2D images for 3D presentation have existed. Few have been effective or survived. The combination of digital and digitized source material with relatively cost effective digital post processing has spawned a new wave of conversion products. In June 2006, IMAX and Warner Brothers released Superman Returns including 20 minutes of 3-D images converted from the 2-D original digital footage. George Lucas has announced that he may re-release his Star Wars films in 3-D based on a conversion process from the company In-Three.

James Cameron (Titanic) intends to shoot his new films Avatar and Battle Angel in digital 3-D. Filming will use HDTV cameras and the Fusion Camera System.

Animated films Open Season, and The Ant Bully, were released in Analog 3D in 2006. Monster House and The Nightmare Before Christmas were released on XpanD 3D, RealD and Dolby 3D systems in 2006.

In late 2005 Steven Spielberg told the press he was involved in patenting a 3-D cinema system that does not need glasses, and which is based on plasma screens. A computer splits each film-frame, and then projects the two split images onto the screen at differing angles, to be picked up by tiny angled ridges on the screen.

On July 11th, 2008, Warner Bros. released Journey To The Center Of The Earth (2008) in Real D 3D.

On January 16th, 2009, Lionsgate released My Bloody Valentine 3D, the first film and first R-rated film to be projected in Real D 3D.[10] It was released to 1,033 3D screens, the most ever for this format, and 1,501 regular screens.

On February 27, 2009, Walt Disney Pictures will release Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience, which is a Disney Digital 3D Concert film of the Jonas Brothers' Burnin' Up Tour. It stars brothers Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas and Nick Jonas with special guests Demi Lovato (Performing This Is Me alongside the Jonas Brothers), Taylor Swift and their bodyguard Big Rob who will be performing Burnin' Up alongside the Jonas Brothers. The movie was shot in Anaheim, California on July 13 and July 14, 2008. The movie idea was decided after the Jonas Brothers performed alongside Hannah Montana (Then afterwards sang When You Look Me In The Eyes and Year 3000) in the Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert. Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience is directed by Bruce Hendricks.

hatemonger
02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
its has improved alot with technology, now the movies are not all wierd. you can watch the new ones without glasses and they look normal.

did you see teh animated 3D comercials at halftime? also tonight chuck tv show is going to be in 3d.

i guess the new 3d movies are going to become popular.

if they are going to move motion picture technology along, they'll have to look into 3d eventually. there's only so far HD and HT can go.

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
if they are going to move motion picture technology along, they'll have to look into 3d eventually. there's only so far HD and HT can go.

agreed. i hope they do make the starwars movies in 3D. that would be great.

bds0688
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
agreed. i hope they do make the starwars movies in 3D. that would be great.

As long as that fat bastard Lucas makes it so the 3D is the only further editing he does.

Scoobydoo
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
poor roomate only has one eye so i tease her about not being able to see in 3d

i have 3d glasses, not cardboard, actual plastic framed glasses ones i got in a game a long time ago

many things in everyday life can look 3d if you wear them around

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
As long as that fat bastard Lucas makes it so the 3D is the only further editing he does.

indeed

oldschool4me
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
poor roomate only has one eye so i tease her about not being able to see in 3d

i have 3d glasses, not cardboard, actual plastic framed glasses ones i got in a game a long time ago

many things in everyday life can look 3d if you wear them around

yes, i noticed wearing the glasses watching regular tv programs are like that. hope this episode of chuck is good.
the kids loved the halftime hd thing.