PDA

View Full Version : Subs in Cars..Woofer Placement

AcidikBass20
01-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I have a 96 Honda Accord. I had the subs in the trunk and they were not getting near the power they needed. They still sounded amazing though. Now, I am pushing the subs over full power, but they are in the back seat in the same box they were in when they were in the trunk. Trunk is full of amps and batteries now. Question is, would it be better to put the subs back in the trunk, with and amps and batteries in the back seat? Or build a new box for the subs? Which would give me better response? I DONT want to wall it yet, I will do that when I get new subs. Just trying to make the most of these now.

ARSkemp
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
do your seats fold down?

scoob8000
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Are we referring to this (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379064) build?

My opinion (we all know about opinions): If you're happy with your trunk setup now and don't mind loosing your back seat... Remove the back seat and build an angled wall from the top of the rear deck to the floor.

Personally though, it looks like you've got enough trunk space to get everything in there if you re-arrange it again. Plus you still have a back seat.. :)

AcidikBass20
01-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I misspelled response in both of the polls... i fail

cshaw
01-28-2009, 07:37 PM
stack the amps vertically, perhaps over the batts if you can to get some room.

AVX Mike
02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Put everything back into the trunk until you wall it. You are going to have cancellation problems with them being on the back seat without the rear being complety sealed off from the front. Trunk cars will get loud, you just have to know what you are doing.

AcidikBass20
02-01-2009, 10:37 AM
awesome. Looks like that is what I am going to do.