PDA

View Full Version : Should I port my mids in the doors?

xbwfo
08-14-2003, 02:40 AM
They are 6.5" infinity ref comps in a '99 F150 pickup. It looks like I have room to build a .18 cuft enclosure.

If I did this will I see an increase in output similar to what subs gain?

How can I get port specs for this?

Q45guy
08-14-2003, 03:48 AM
Infinity Reference Series components deliver very little bass. I doubt you'd notice any difference in lower tones if your made a box for your 6-1/2's. I have Reference 6-1/2" components in my car and trust me...I've tried it to no avail. Not worth the time or effort. I say leave the bass to the subs. :)

MXJMR
08-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah, Id say just go with a basic sealed enclosure instead of ported because you would prolly put too much time into them than what its worth. Unless thats really what you want.

xbwfo
08-14-2003, 08:01 PM
It's not so much that I want to port the Infinitys as much as I want to gain experience for some much better drivers like Focal, MBQ's, Morel, Seas or CDT's.
Also my reasoning for this is I'll gain some volume without having to upgrade my amps, more mid bass would be good also.

Don't know which ones I'll get yet. There's not alot of shops around here that carry high end stuff so it'll take a while to hear them before I upgrade.

I got the T/S parameters for some focals and vifa drivers and plugged them into winisd, with the enclosure size I have available the port length was way outta wack 2" x 533" :confused:

Anyway I'de like to do better than trial and error......
any thoughts or advice?