PDA

View Full Version : WTB bracelet from "tEh koRnDog" PLZ help

Gipp
01-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Ok, so here is the deal. tEh koRnDog has a Tiffany&co braclet I'd like to purchase for my fiance. Problem is, I dont not have a credit card. I MUST do COD, its the only option I have to protect myself with transactions, but hes not willing to do this form of payment.

I know this is a long shot, but is someone willing to buy this from him for me (since he wont deal with me) and I will pay a little extra for you to send it to me via cod payment?!? I mean this is a pretty secure payment form for both sides.

Anyways I need help with this. Thanks

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378652 <--link to bracelet

FLOSSINON24S
01-26-2009, 03:39 AM
where in tn are you?

Gipp
01-26-2009, 04:20 AM
Henry County Tn (Paris to be more specific)

Fiercetimbo17
01-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Huh? How will you pay with COD without a credit card??

clbolt
01-26-2009, 05:12 AM
You're asking for somebody else to foot the bill for the bracelet and shipping, then pay up front for UPS shipping to you plus the additional COD charges. All this with the real chance that they'll get burned on the shipping and COD charges and end up with a bracelet they don't want. That's a lot to ask.

Gipp
01-26-2009, 05:28 AM
You're asking for somebody else to foot the bill for the bracelet and shipping, then pay up front for UPS shipping to you plus the additional COD charges. All this with the real chance that they'll get burned on the shipping and COD charges and end up with a bracelet they don't want. That's a lot to ask.

To be absoluetly honest... Yes, that is what Im asking. As I stated, its a long shot, but Im NOT a scammer, and I DO want this bracelet so its not like anyone is going to be "stuck" with it. I just dont know how else to get it besides driving 2 days all the way to NY (thats not going to happen).

Blue Fury
01-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Add $40 to the final total and I'll consider it.

BTW you CAN do certified postal money order. You have cash right?

LazyRider
01-26-2009, 05:31 AM
Money Order

Gipp
01-26-2009, 05:35 AM
tEh koRnDog is charging $55shipped for the bracelet. If someone is willing to do this for me, you have my word Ill pay $90. Thats a 35 dollar profit just because he doesnt want to deal with cod's...

clbolt
01-26-2009, 05:35 AM
To be absoluetly honest... Yes, that is what Im asking. As I stated, its a long shot, but Im NOT a scammer, and I DO want this bracelet so its not like anyone is going to be "stuck" with it. I just dont know how else to get it besides driving 2 days all the way to NY (thats not going to happen).

I never said you were a scammer, but you're treating the seller as if he is.

I wouldn't touch this, it's all risk and no gain for the intermediary. Why aren't you willing to send a money order for the bracelet if you really want it?

Gipp
01-26-2009, 05:39 AM
I dont want to send a money order to a stranger 5 states away. again, just being honest, cant retrieve my money after its sent, no protection for me.

clbolt
01-26-2009, 05:45 AM
I dont want to send a money order to a stranger 5 states away. again, just being honest, cant retrieve my money after its sent, no protection for me.

Yet you're asking strangers to front the money for the purchase, plus the added expense and paperwork of the COD. You haven't even addressed how much extra you're willing to pay for these services. If you're that nervous as a buyer, you should be dealing with Tiffany to buy a new bracelet.

Blue Fury
01-26-2009, 05:50 AM
korndog is well respected on here and has nothing to gain by scamming someone after being on this forum for so long. Your best bet is just to send a postal money order.

Korn4Life
01-26-2009, 05:50 AM
Isnt it if the Money order is from the post office that if he rips you off its a federal offense? So I would trust a money order if you send it that way... OR you could send a MOD a money order and Korndog can send the bracelet. Once the mod has the bracelet he will pay korndog and then ship it out to you.. People have done that before....

Gipp
01-26-2009, 05:51 AM
tEh koRnDog is charging $55shipped for the bracelet. If someone is willing to do this for me, you have my word Ill pay $90. Thats a 35 dollar profit just because he doesnt want to deal with cod's...

I believe i did mention how much I was willing to pay someone to help me out.

1) I dont know the stanger I am sending money to, but I DO know Im an honest guy who wanted this bracelet. I wasnt going to **** anyone over

2) the bracelet is $210 at tiffany.com brand new... :)I was just going to try to be cheap and get this used one for half price, but I think I would prefer a new one instead

As far as "respected members" goes, I have been around an MANY forums, and anyone else who has been around knows, just because your respected doesnt ment you wont scam. I have PERSONALY seen it happen.

MOD? never heard of it. Yes it is a federal offence, but you have to file charges in the guilty partys state (being NY).

clbolt
01-26-2009, 05:53 AM
There is no $35 profit in this transaction. Besides the cost of shipping the bracelet to you, there's the added cost of the COD fee and the headache of the paperwork.

Gipp
01-26-2009, 06:00 AM
There is no $35 profit in this transaction. Besides the cost of shipping the bracelet to you, there's the added cost of the COD fee and the headache of the paperwork.

Im sorry, where u considering doing this, or are you just *itching?????

Thats what I thought. Someone merely ASKS if anyone was willing to help and everyone comes out of the wood work with their smart@$$ comments. Idc about the "paperwork headache". its $35 to nothing but recieve a bracelet and ship it back out.

Just consider this post closed, Ill spend an extra 100 bucks and get a new one.

clbolt
01-26-2009, 06:06 AM
You just don't get it. People try to explain, but it's all about you.

hornedfrog1985
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
If it smells like ****, it probably tastes like it too. This is a 55 dollar bracelet we are talking about here... If he was going to scam you do you think he would do it for 55 dollars? You're going to pay over 100 dollars for all this cod bs, and paying someone an additional 40 dollars on top of it...? THIS IS A SCAM Either give korn dog 55 bucks, or go away.

kotec123
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
hes a good guy...just pay the 55....save yourself alot of hassle and money

Pl8er
01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I could just buy the bracelet myself :P

Is paypal not an option here? I may consider helping ya out if that is the case. Or why not have him put it on ebay and just pay him the additional cost of the ebay transaction (far less than what you are going to pay). Then you are both protected.

Flipx99
01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
If you where closer to Middle TN, you could give me the cash and I'd do it for you.

craigzter
01-26-2009, 01:01 PM
you give me the cash first and I will do it...

duece212
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
three party deals over the internet are a PITA. Get a prepaid credit card or debt card and do paypal.

craigzter
01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
three party deals over the internet are a PITA. Get a prepaid credit card or debt card and do paypal.

or this will work too.

headlesskoopa
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
why dont u get a visa gift card and than make a paypal account ?

headlesskoopa
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
i need to stop reading these threads on my cell . did not relise some one said the gift card idea

mazdakid
01-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I sent fattony911 a money order for some 360 games a few months ago and never got anything. Not saying korndog or whatever will do it, But a money order doesn't always work out either.

Louisiana_CRX
01-26-2009, 02:56 PM
send him a MO for way more than the amount he wants and when he cashs it get him to send you the difference and the bracelet ...thats what the Nigerians do :fyi:

Gipp
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
I sent fattony911 a money order for some 360 games a few months ago and never got anything. Not saying korndog or whatever will do it, But a money order doesn't always work out either.

thank you proving my point about money order:D. They are NOT a very secure way for a buyer to pay for anything. The visa gift card probably isnt a bad idea; I didnt really even think of that. All in all though I have decided to just buy one for www.tiffany.com, this way I dont have to worry about bringing it to a jeweler to be cleaned and polished.

Btw, what is a "PITA"?

Louisiana_CRX
01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
which one?

Gipp
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
lol you lost me, "Which one" what??

cheeseburger35
01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
which bracelet are you buying is what he was asking .. and pita is a synonym for newbs or Pain In The ***...