PDA

View Full Version : DEH-P4000UB VS Alpine 9886

element96x
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I currently have the pioneer, and that stupid joystick nob pisses me off more than anything, also I get static in the fm/am stations and had to ground the rca's to stop the whine in my speakers after i installed my 4 channel amp. I was thinking about getting the alpine 9886. Is it worth it? Is the alpine an overall better unit or is the pioneer

TheeyaN
01-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Between those 2 definatly! 11 times better lol =)

Alpine 9886 is second best after 9887.. Top quality,and funkcions..

eharri3
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
IMHO the only worthwhile HU in Alpine's new line is the 9887. OTherwise no matter what feature is most important to you I can find a good brand name HU with it included for the same price as a 9886 or 9887 or cheaper. Whereas anything less than the 9887 in the Alpine line is basically just a glorified CD player with bass and treble controls until you pay more money to add whatever extras you want.

Bluetooth? 200$ extra on Alpine so it can bump your total price to upwards of 500 bucks. Other HUs have it built in now, Ive seen some in the 2-300 dollar range. EQ? You can find Eclipses, Clarions, and Pioneers for the same as a 9886 with a 7, 10, or 13 band and built in time alignment. Alpine won't give you more than a 2 band or built in time alignment unless you buy the 9887 or pay 150 dollars more for IMPRINT on any of the other HUs.

I think because they've invested so much money in developing Imprint, Alpine is actually not offering much in the way of built in SQ features anymore because they want you to buy it and give them a return on their R&D money rather than be satisfied with what's built into your HU. Id try eclipses next if I were in your situation.

They're boning their customers by offering less for the money to try to force you to spend even more, and I hear IMPRINT isn't even necessarily the end-all be-all of tuning solutions. So I never understood why everybody on here keeps swearing they are the ****.

TheeyaN
01-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Silence! I Kill You!