PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Skips Folders on USB?

joshpoints
01-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey I can't figure out why my pioneer HU is skipping certain folders on my thumb drive. Do any of you know what triggers this? Thanks.

kleox64
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I think its in this order:

1) no audio files
2) incorrect file extension
3) incompatable encoding

joshpoints
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I think its in this order:

1) no audio files
2) incorrect file extension
3) incompatable encoding

What do you mean by incorrect file extension?

It has mp3 files. 4 albums total with each album in its own folder. But only 1 of the 4 albums will play.

Thanks.

jdawg
01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
mine does that on mp3 discs, dont have usb hooked up, i just figured it was incorrect file type or some ****

joshpoints
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Sounds to me like they should have a firmware update for this... I'll have to contact customer service and see if they have any answers.

edzy
01-26-2009, 06:00 PM
you may need to format the thumbdrive. If it has other programs on it such as UM3 or other preloaded software, you will have to do a google t get the link to dl the program to format it. I know my sandisk micro cruisers 4g and 8 g needed to have it done. You cant just format from your pc, you need a program.

If you read it on your pc, does it show other programs?

joshpoints
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
you may need to format the thumbdrive. If it has other programs on it such as UM3 or other preloaded software, you will have to do a google t get the link to dl the program to format it. I know my sandisk micro cruisers 4g and 8 g needed to have it done. You cant just format from your pc, you need a program.

If you read it on your pc, does it show other programs?

I'm an f'ing idiot! The files that I thought were mp3 are actually wma. The files that are actually mp3 are playing. Stupid! Sorry guys. Thanks for you input and time.