PDA

View Full Version : Port question..........

EVOECLIPSE
08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
ok i am going to be building my box for a 10L7 2 ohm. and i am going to build it at 2.00 cu. feet. i got 20w x 16d x 15h at 2.096 cu. ft. with the sub space and port volume i would prolly have to make the box the same but the Height would be an inch bigger (16) for a total of 2.251 cu. ft. i want to have 2 round ports. i was looking at a program and it told me about 4 inches accross. so maybe around that big. but and i dont know how long for them to be. i want it bassy but be able to listen to every day. so what ever hz you guys think.... maybe around 30-40 hz. well help me out guys.

thanks

Trixter
08-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Tuned to 30Hz would sound nice but for 2 4" ports they would have to be 30.4" long each. You could go with a single 4" port and it would be 13.75" long.

You could slot do a slot port. Something like 13.5" h x 1.5" w and 23" long would get you there. then you have the correction factor (if using the outside wall of the box) that would add an additional .75" onto the length. (This would be on one side of the side that is 15" tall.)

If you built the slot away from the edge you would not need the correction factor. You can also adjust the opening of the port to adjust the length. If volume is a factor, then maybe you would want to go with a smaller size slot that is not using the edge of the box.

EVOECLIPSE
08-13-2003, 04:55 PM
is there any way for the box to sound good with 2 round ports?? they dont have to be 4 inch but i didnt know if there was a way i can make 2 ports on this box?

EVOECLIPSE
08-14-2003, 10:36 AM
ok well i went and built a closed box.... i dont know why i just did for time sake.... i got all the wood cut and the hole for the sub and all i need to do is put it together and spray it!!! then i am calling it done!!!!! but i got to build an amp rack now...

MXJMR
08-14-2003, 12:27 PM
If the box is till the same dimensions you can still use round ports to port it later it will make a hell of a difference but you will lose sound quality in a ported box, if thats what you like.