PDA

View Full Version : Build the box IN the trunk

SPLThunder
08-13-2003, 02:08 AM
I come up with plans only to see that with a model the thing wont fit into my trunk through the 2 obvious ways. (front or back)

Im trying to fit a 5 cube box in my thunderbird and was wondering if anyone has ever assembled a box IN the trunk.
Either one 5 cube or make 2 2.5 cube boxes for a pair of 15a's and somehow fit them side by side. Then leave holes for external ports that could be made almost any way I want. I suppose i could try facing the subs up, maybe more options will arise

Sounds hard as hell to build in the trunk but then i thought about the theft protection. The box would have to be destroyed to get to the subs. :) Around my town the only people who steal stereo's want in and out as soon as possible.

and i need to know what is an acceptable port velocity if anyone knows it off the top of their heads

Redford
08-13-2003, 04:13 AM
There's the obvious disadvantage that you don't have as much space to work with. As far as theft detering, I think most people will just steal the subs anyway, carry a drill on them to remove em, unless it's a real small box.

LBX2G
08-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Seeing How My Car Looked When It Was Broken In To. Most Theives Do Not Carry Drills. The Did Not Even Have A Screw Driver When They Broke In To My Car.

Trixter
08-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I built my box in the trunk. I also just took the thing out last week and it wasn't much fun. To get some ideas, check out my gallery.

paikiah
08-13-2003, 08:51 PM
I think quite a few people build boxes inside the cars themselves. You'll become a contortionist when you're done too. Oh, to prevent theft, perhaps face the subs on the floor. Yeah, that'd be safer still.

as for velocity, I heard 30~35m/s.

Redford
08-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Oh yeah... you're not gonna want to glue the box together if you plan on ever getting the box out.

SPLThunder
08-14-2003, 03:13 PM
considering glue is what holds the box together... that probably wont be an option