PDA

View Full Version : Problems with programming DEI 556sw, any input?

NeverEnuffBass
01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Vehicle is a 2005 Ford Explorer, with Viper 160XV installed. Remote start works fine with the ke in the ignition or close to it. I've tried programming the 556 over and over with no luck, module is clicking but the truck will not start after that. Any ideas?

mendon99
01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
what exatly are you doing to program it? go thru the steps.

NeverEnuffBass
01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
what exatly are you doing to program it? go thru the steps.

Exactly as Directed insructs:

1 Turn ign to run wait for security light to go out, turn key off and remove
2. Use 2nd key and repeat.
3. Within 10 seconds remote start vehicle

It will crank but not start

NeverEnuffBass
01-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok finally got it to program, not sure what I did differently but it worked

mendon99
01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
lol they can be a pain sometimes. did you have both keys on the same key ring or did you separate them? If it see's both chips it probably wont take.

NeverEnuffBass
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
lol they can be a pain sometimes. did you have both keys on the same key ring or did you separate them? If it see's both chips it probably wont take.

nah they were separated, I think it was just one of those things that has really sensitive programing. Oh well working now and the customer is happy as hell

THUNDERBIRD
01-23-2009, 08:19 PM
yeah i have learned that sometimes you have to wait just a second longer after the light comes on to continue the process. i would have U ed the *****.

Worlddre
01-23-2009, 08:49 PM
why the hell were you using one of those in the first place. that thing is old get with the times....PKALL, ADS AL CA, XK04, Fortin KeyOverrideAll anyone of these would have worked and probably programmed easier then that thing

autosportsunltd
01-23-2009, 10:29 PM
yeh the 556sw is old as hell , i was having trouble programing a xk04 on a 08 fusion but i found out that you have to hook the orange wire to ignition, plus direct techs had rx and tx backwards. I recommend the PK all on everything it will work on. absolutely no trouble programming

NeverEnuffBass
01-23-2009, 10:38 PM
why the hell were you using one of those in the first place. that thing is old get with the times....PKALL, ADS AL CA, XK04, Fortin KeyOverrideAll anyone of these would have worked and probably programmed easier then that thing

yeh the 556sw is old as hell , i was having trouble programing a xk04 on a 08 fusion but i found out that you have to hook the orange wire to ignition, plus direct techs had rx and tx backwards. I recommend the PK all on everything it will work on. absolutely no trouble programming

I use what I have to work with. Being that we are a brand new company, we really don't stock much product at all. We had only XK05s in stock

Worlddre
01-23-2009, 11:27 PM
new company why not look into to new products too? im just giving you **** though

as to directechs being wrong ....they are wrong on the regualr basis generally the install manuals are correct though as they dont give you colors but pins....

since your company is new you should really look into the idatalink and/or fortin bypasses in my experience they have a couple that cover more cars and take care of more features then the directed modules and they wiring information and tech support is always great dei tech support can be a little hit or miss

mendon99
01-23-2009, 11:31 PM

lol. I garuntee you he got the 556sw at a fraction of the cost of a PKall or xk04. Use what works and why not use something cheaper that works just as well?

The added ignition wire is dependant on the firmware. iirc PKF3 firmware requires you to add the ignition wire whereas PKFORD fimrware does not. Firmware obviously is dependant on year and model of vehicle.

All the plugs on the fords are in the same order no matter what so I doubt Directechs got it backwards. Its always either ignition ground TX RX or ground ignition RX TX. TX usually is white/green.

Worlddre
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
the directwire is good for having rx and tx backwards ive seen it several times myself

mendon99
01-23-2009, 11:35 PM
okie dokey.

THUNDERBIRD
01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
yeah directed are idiots sometimes when you call in. you tell them i am looking for the wires that are supposed to be here but they tell you they are over there and no luck then you call back and they say you were looking in the right spot the first time.