PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 88RS clip

TheeyaN
01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
On what volume level is this HU in the clear? It goes up to 62 max,but what is the boarder line of cliping,i mean on what volume should i set the gains for speakers and sub?

I know that for Alpine its about 25-26,but Pioneer-clueless..

Assistance needed :crazy:

dman4486
01-23-2009, 12:04 PM
most of the pioneers don't clip....

mine is set @ 58/63

TheeyaN
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Sweet :)

Can somebody confirm this info? :P

adam71
01-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Sweet :)

Can somebody confirm this info? :P

I can.;)

TheeyaN
01-24-2009, 10:07 AM
OK.. So pioneer HU dont clip.. So its perfectly safe to put it on lets say 55-58? Can someone explain me how come pioneer dont clip at all,and Alpine clips very early, on 27> ?

I ask u these becouse i was reading when setting gain your HU volume should not be more than 75% of its total volume power,and 55/62 is about 90 %..

In the end one last question for all of you pioneer owners.. When setting the subwoofer gain,i know that everything should be at default (bass,bass boost,loud,trebale etc etc.) but what about the subwoofer control? It goes up to 6 i think,what about that? Should i leave that on 0 also,or should i push it all the way to the max?

thormxkid
01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
i don't have a pioneer but i turn my sub control all the way up before setting my gain.

dman4486
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
OK.. So pioneer HU dont clip.. So its perfectly safe to put it on lets say 55-58? Can someone explain me how come pioneer dont clip at all,and Alpine clips very early, on 27> ?

I ask u these becouse i was reading when setting gain your HU volume should not be more than 75% of its total volume power,and 55/62 is about 90 %..

In the end one last question for all of you pioneer owners.. When setting the subwoofer gain,i know that everything should be at default (bass,bass boost,loud,trebale etc etc.) but what about the subwoofer control? It goes up to 6 i think,what about that? Should i leave that on 0 also,or should i push it all the way to the max?

#1. pioneer>alpine

#2. Because the 75% is a ballpark number based on the fact that most hu's clip beyond that.

#3. I set amp levels with sub gain @ +2 so that when I get a song that has lower db bass lines I can turn it up. If I want a more balanced sound, I have to turn mine down to -5.

adam71
01-24-2009, 03:55 PM

I have always set my gains with all my settings at default. I.E.: in the middle. As far as volume, I would go 80-85% of the head unit. I've never had trouble with my Pioneer head units but I also have never been one to push my luck.;)

TheeyaN
01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
When u say all u mean sub level also?

I dont know.. Should sub level be set like the HU? Set it on a number u r going to listen to it.. Like the HU.. Lets say i set my gains at 55,that means i should not pass that limit when listening to music (unless the songs are recorder at <-3db)

And also,what about the bass,treble setting when the gain is set to 55,if i increse treble from 0 to 3,will i still be able to turn the volume up to 55,or should i decrese the volume?

2-3 months ago i though that setting an audio system is a piece of cake,now the more stuff i learn,the more things i dont know.. Its kind of frustrating.. :S :)