PDA

View Full Version : Type-R vs ID CTX65CS

cbriggs89
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I am new to high end car audio and don't really know much about Image Dynamics, but from what I've heard, they're really nice. My question is: if I can get a pair of Alpine Type-R SPR-17S for around $100, should I opt for that, or should I drop the extra money for the ID CTX65CS (about $180). As of now, they're going to be hooked up to an Infinity 7541a 4ch amp (111wrms x4). I know this isn't the best amp, but I'm looking to keep the price down and still get the best quality possible. Will this amp do the ID's justice or should I save the $80 and get the Alpines?

*Edit*
Also, what should I do for rear speakers? I just need a simple 2-way coaxial set, but don't know what would be my best bet. I was thinking of the ID CTX6 if I end up going for the ID components for the front. I was also considering Infinity Kappas, or Alpine Type-R's. If you guys have any other suggestions, let me know. Like I said, I'm new to this. I started out with a Panasonic head unit and Kenwood 2-ways all around. I now have a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP, and I'm looking for new speakers, because the Kenwoods aren't cutting it for me anymore.

mike11202
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
get the ID's

cbriggs89
01-23-2009, 11:11 AM
get the ID's

I thought that's what people would tell me. Will it be worth it with them hooked up to that Infinity amp though? It's 111wrms per channel, but I know wattage isn't everything. Is it good enough to make the ID's worth the extra money, will I notice that much of a difference on such a cheap amp?

Hoodlum007
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
ID's FTW!! That Infinity amp will push them fine.

cbriggs89
01-23-2009, 04:01 PM
ID's FTW!! That Infinity amp will push them fine.

lol ok thanks. I think I'm gonna end up getting the ID's front and rear. Might hurt the wallet a little more, but from what I hear, and what you guys say, they're well worth it.

Xprime4
01-23-2009, 05:06 PM
lol ok thanks. I think I'm gonna end up getting the ID's front and rear. Might hurt the wallet a little more, but from what I hear, and what you guys say, they're well worth it.

they do. And if you ever want to bridge your amp you probably still be able to push a lot more into those id's. Then run some coaxial off hu power. :D

they are pretty deep, something around 2.75'' so check for baffle possibility