PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Computer - PICS

tigerf117
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
SOLD LOCALLY

Putting my gaming rig up - time to try to upgrade to Core i7 again. Specs are as follows

Gigabyte DS3 mainboard
Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 3.6ghz (400x9)
Zalman 120mm copper cooler (high end air cooling)
2GB DDR2-800 Crucial Ballistix Tracer RAM (crucials high end ram)
Brand New 500GB Hard drive
20x DL DVD-RW
ATi Radeon HD4850 512mb PCI-E x16 Videocard
Mushkin 550W Modular Power Supply w/ 120mm fan
High quality tool less case with 2 120mm fans
legit Windows Media Center Edition
Logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers
Linksys 802.11G Wireless PCI card

Local pickup I can also include 21" CRT monitor (things a beast but does 1600x1200 and 1920x1440)

Played Crysis/Warehead, FarCry2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, World in Conflict, DiRt, Oblivion, FEAR, Gears of War, Battlefield 2 and many others. All handled maxed out other than Crysis. This computer can handle ANY game out there period. 3dmark2006 scores of over 13,000.

I've been building computers for nearly 10 years and have a load of experience overclocking and building machines. (local only ->)I will also include 6 months of free support which will include virus cleanups should you get infected. I will also bring out the computer, hook it up, and make sure it all works at your house for NO additional cost (unless I'm driving 15+ miles away). (/local only) Can do VNC and take control of the machine if you'd like, and would also help you over the phone should anything happen. Also have pretty much every box for machine if you'd like them.

Will include the following games installed on machine
Fallout 3, Gears of War, Crysis and Crysis Warhead, FarCry 2, Psychonauts, The Witcher plus a few more I have around, and all of them customized for this machine (no setting up at all). Will also include software for burning DVDs, a media player with EVERY available codec known to man, antivirus software (free for life), and any other software I have that you would like. NO SETUP REQUIRED.

:edit: Repeated same paragraph twice der :/edit:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/tigerf117/screenie.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/tigerf117/Computer035.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/tigerf117/Computer026.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/tigerf117/Computer009.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo277/tigerf117/Computer004.jpg

I had to borrow a camera to take those, hence the slightly older date. Asking $750 plus shipping. NOT! LOOKING TO SEPARATE!!! NO TRADES (except maybe some other high quality PC components).

If my data recovery is done, I will also get a 3dmark06 and SuperPI up tonight. (data recovery software takes over 1GB of memory and about 55% CPU resources - and I can still play Left 4 Dead @ 1600x1200 maxed out averaging well over 30FPS)

tee
01-22-2009, 09:10 PM
For a powerful computer, I love how the case is very understated.

tigerf117
01-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I have never been into flashy cases, or cars, or really anything for that matter. I gave it serious thought to building my own case and started drawing up designs and it was even more so like that than this one. But alas, I know nothing about metal work nor do any of my neighbors/friends. Maybe someday :)

Anyways, TTT, any interest at all? Oh yeah, 3dmark06 tonight - wasn't even home last night at all

Digital Designs
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Decent rig. I will give you what its worth, 450 bucks.

GabeC
01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
why do people pirate software and then try to sell it installed on computers and jack the price up like your getting legit versions?

sry to **** on your thread but people should know they won't be able to play any of those games online.

and sry if you're including legit disks/cd-keys but from your post it doesn't look like it.

tigerf117
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I am definitely not jacking up the price for ANY software other than the legit Windows. Windows MCE is $115 through Newegg right now. I have the CD key on the side of the case just not the original CD (which doesn't matter - you're paying for the Key not the CD). It was pulled off of a non working machine and the sticker placed on this machine. It validates with Windows etc. The games I can include if someone should so choose are all single player other than Crysis and GoW. But like I said, I am NOT counting any of that in the price of the computer. All the other games I have are legit copies and are NOT included with the computer.

I will also more than gladly leave a completely fresh bare bones copy of Windows on the machine if someone wants. Or just Windows and the codec/media player. However they want it, the price stays the same.

tigerf117
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Decent rig. I will give you what its worth, 450 bucks.

If you were to build it yourself and set it up its going to cost $900 from newegg for all new parts. Granted its used, but thats new to put it together yourself. Having everything setup, overclocked, benched and stress tested THOROUGHLY to ensure 100% 24/7 stability is where the remainder of my cost is going. Plus I'm offering support either through VNC or locally if you are near me.

Obviously you don't need/care about a lot of that and that's fine. So you are not the type of person I'm trying to sell it to.

Digital Designs
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
If you were to build it yourself and set it up its going to cost $900 from newegg for all new parts. Granted its used, but thats new to put it together yourself. Having everything setup, overclocked, benched and stress tested THOROUGHLY to ensure 100% 24/7 stability is where the remainder of my cost is going. Plus I'm offering support either through VNC or locally if you are near me.

Obviously you don't need/care about a lot of that and that's fine. So you are not the type of person I'm trying to sell it to.

Yeah, I wouldnt need any of the testing/overclocking done. That is all simple. And as far as putting it together myself, piece of cake.

Yeah, when you purchased it, it might have been that much to put together. Now, most of it isnt even still available. Also, I am sure I could put together an equivalent rig for ~$500 new. Sorry to dump, but you are asking too much.

Also, what did it do for SuperPI and 3dmark06? Just curious.

wgsj_fortvalley
01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
just curious, how much for it? wouldnt mind haveing that in my shop.

sampson
01-27-2009, 03:19 PM
**** micah, if your not interested in buying it stick to pm, instead of shitting all over his thread.

Loud3
01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
**** micah, if your not interested in buying it stick to pm, instead of shitting all over his thread.

x2.

Please read forum rules regarding post dumping.

tigerf117
01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Pretty much what the 2 people above me said. It sold locally anyways, at least trade with money. The overclock on this system took many hours of fine tuning. Practically every option in the bios has been changed regarding clockspeed/voltages. Not only for the highest overclock (which 3.6 is not it) but also for 100% stability.

Also keep in mind Windows is $115 alone, that linksys card is $60, $70 for those speakers etc that I include in the final price. You sure could build a tower that performs as well for right around $600, but I guarantee you you won't get as complete of a system, nor will it be 100% configured to your liking. This was more of a local only thing, but if someone was interested I just threw it on here, not like it costs anything. For the hours I spent overclocking, testing, bumping up voltages, FSB speeds, testing, repeat a dozen times over. And then more tweaking over the last couple of months. Plus the support, and the extras I'm trying to include (which some can't be done without being local) blah - I dont have to justify anything to you.

Ended up getting a 30" HDTV CRT w/ integrated digital and analog tuner, optical audio out and $500. Reviews on that Sanyo 30" ( know, sanyo) were actually extremely good everywhere I read. The built in tuner and digital audio out is a big plus and really the pushover factor.

tigerf117
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, 3dmark06 all day with stock Video is 13,050 on avg. Max 3dmark was 13,500 or so at 3.8 with overclocked video. I wanna say 13,770? Something like that. SuperPi I don't remember. I wanna say sub 10sec but I dont remember how many digits that was run to.