PDA

View Full Version : This may sound wierd? but maybe some know what i mean

audiobahnuser18
01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
This might sounds really stupid guys. But lmk if im wrong. Ok before i just had my box which was 5.4cubes tuned 38hz with two 6" external aero's if u lightly taped sub with finger you would just hear your finger.. Now when i went and pulled out the sub did all the small extra's 45s , resin , dual threaded rods , double baffle made sure was sealed up nice. Do the same thing actually sounds like a amp is pushing the thing u can hear the bass as if a amp were actually pushing the sub. Is is actually because i really strengthened the box. Oh yeah also did the old ductape trick around sub & siliconed bottom of gasket just incase i know i went probably overkill but rather go overkill then risk it on meter.

pr-festiva
01-22-2009, 06:33 AM
if the wires to the sub were touching together the first time you tapped it that would explain why it would just be a dull thud.

audiobahnuser18
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I meant neither time had powered. But what I was told sub is reazlly nicely sealed cause did all extras and 45s are letting the air to not pocket in corners like would before. So I figured it out. In other words built a real strong good box:)