PDA

View Full Version : ported box formula

bigtbuck
08-12-2003, 12:34 PM
a couple weeks ago i put a thread on here and asked for some dimensions for a ported box for my 12 inch alpine type r. in no time i had dimensions for a tube port, but i believe it would be a lot easier to make one with just a slot port. especially since i have to try and get in and out of guys shop (where i'll be making my box) as fast as i can so he can get back to what he's doing.

so now im not asking for anyone to go to the trouble of figuring out the dimensions for me, but i want to know the formula that's used to make a ported box, and i'll figure it out myself.

im also thinking about going ahead and making a port for my edk, but it's powered with a jbl 600.1 that doesnt have a ssf, and i've heard that's bad news with a ported box. should i go ahead and do it or not?

thanks

dbhittin
08-12-2003, 02:05 PM
http://www.loudspeakers101.com/VentCal1.htm

Hope that will help, scroll down to the bottom one.

Trixter
08-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Personally I thought a tube port was easier; slap in a piece of PVC and your set. As for you ssf, or lack there of, I have never used one and have never had any troubles. My new amp has one on it but it sounds like a$$ when it's on..so I don't use it.