PDA

View Full Version : JVC Flip-out problem

jco1385
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
referring to the HU in my sig. see, what had happen was.... i was bumpin just fine and i get to my friends house and turn off the car. go in and come back out after maybe an hour. start the car, it comes on and flips out (as usual) but it won't really do anything. i can put it on radio and it'll show the preset stations but won't actually put out anything. put in a CD and it'll say 'reading' but won't ever play. BUT if i turn it up to as loud as it will go i can hear the CD playing (screen still says 'reading';sound is REALLY low) and i can't change tracks. thought it was the link cable between the head and the brain. but i diconnected both end and reconnected (to be sure it was right) and still the same...

basically, it's like the head and brain are not on the same page. thats what it seems like to me.

i plan to call JVC today, but anyone gots a clue??:confused:

anj46907
01-21-2009, 11:00 AM
referring to the HU in my sig. see, what had happen was.... i was bumpin just fine and i get to my friends house and turn off the car. go in and come back out after maybe an hour. start the car, it comes on and flips out (as usual) but it won't really do anything. i can put it on radio and it'll show the preset stations but won't actually put out anything. put in a CD and it'll say 'reading' but won't ever play. BUT if i turn it up to as loud as it will go i can hear the CD playing (screen still says 'reading';sound is REALLY low) and i can't change tracks. thought it was the link cable between the head and the brain. but i diconnected both end and reconnected (to be sure it was right) and still the same...

basically, it's like the head and brain are not on the same page. thats what it seems like to me.

i plan to call JVC today, but anyone gots a clue??:confused:

my senses are telling me that the JVC unit is trying to tell you that you need to sell me your tbird :fyi: ive had the same issue with jvc's they like to literally spit the cd's at me does it do it for burned cd's or reg cd?

jco1385
01-21-2009, 11:01 AM
if thats what JVC tells me, she's all yours :fyi:

anj46907
01-21-2009, 11:07 AM
if thats what JVC tells me, she's all yours :fyi:

mine always had issues with just burned cd's. this happens with regular cd's?

jco1385
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
happens with even the radio. it shows the station on the screen but never does ****.

jco1385
01-21-2009, 11:32 AM
srsly tho

anyone know wtf is up? i'm usually pretty good at this **** but this has me all :crap: :confused:

thegreatestpenn
01-21-2009, 11:35 AM
reset the deck with the reset button. should go back to normal after the reset. A few months ago mine wouldn't read CDs at all. I hit the reset button and it worked fine afterwards

jco1385
01-21-2009, 11:37 AM
i thought of that but didn't see one. at lunch i was planning on disconnecting the battery for ~5min or so.

where would i find it? i can look it up but if you know....

thegreatestpenn
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
mine was right behind the faceplate, (so ur flipout wouldn't have one at the same location). If you can check the manual check the manual, but disconnecting the battery will do the same thing

jco1385
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
unhooked the battery and it's all good now :fyi: