PDA

View Full Version : Clarion DXZ785USB ???

93dakota
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey I am looking at replacing my Pioneer DEH-5900ib. I have been going threw almost 50 head units and the Clarion DXZ785USB is one that filled most of my basic requirements. Any one have any experience with these? I am also looking for suggestions for other head units. I am looking in dash CD source unit with 6 channel preamp with a min of 4 volt(prefer higher) needs a USB input and need a pause button(at least one on a remote)

jmanpc
01-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Nice deck at a killer price on Newegg. I had a clarion deck and loved it, and would expect similar quality from the 785.

93dakota
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
any one else what do back that up?

93dakota
01-23-2009, 08:34 PM
bump

genxx
01-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I am running the 775 same as the 785 just prev. years model and did not have ipod built in.

Great HU so far. The menus are easy to use and can do a 2-way + sub active set-up.

For the price IMO you would have to spend 2x to 3x the money to come close to what the 785 can do.

I plan on picking up a 785 also at that price.

Xprime4
01-23-2009, 09:25 PM
running a dxz765mp , not usb but pretty much the same otherwise. I love it , look cool , simple and 4v preout 6 channel like you want. The only minus is not a lot of hpf control and nothing else than bass and treble ajustment.

But mine make music sound golden, cleaner than my old kenwood did. don't know if 24bits d/a conversion got something to do with that

the_franchise
01-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I have had the dxz775usb for about a year and I absolutely love it... it does it all and for the $117 that the 785 is selling for now, absolutely unbeatable... the only knock that you could possibly have on it is the low s/n ratio... however... it sounds absolutely incredible.... so... no one can really hate on it... I love mine, and i may buy another one for my 2nd car esp for the price... jump on it!

Annnarbor84
01-28-2009, 12:17 AM
I got this deck excellent for the price,imo

shaneb
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a 955mc. I love it so far. Sounds good.

gt1street
02-01-2009, 06:58 AM
I have the 785 for more than half a year now, In terms of quality and options its practicly infinite. Its so vast in it's tunning offerings that at first I was lost...

The quality is to die for especially at it's price, you wont get 6X6V outputs running 24bit anywhere else.

But here are the drawbacks I've found:

-Made for high mount dashboards only, Mine is mounted low and visability is quite poor.
-There is a Pause button but no AT button as my old Sony Xplod had which I've grown acustom to.
-Random setting is totaly screwed up, if you leave it on RND and wait for a song to end it randomises the songs but if you skip then it goes to the next in line (WTF?!)
-When running from my USB disk-on-key it freezes from time to time (once every two weeks) but simply changing sources fixes it, so its just a tad annoying.

Bottom line is, its an awesome HU and I for one can recommend it as long as what i've stated above wont drive you mad.

Hope it helps.

jaboran
02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
i have to admit, for the price, this is a killer headunit

BUT

it is not very user friendly... i know my way around headunit options.. but for some reason, this headunit took me a VERY long time to get used to...

when choosing the p-eq and setting everything, it gets annoying how u have to go between the slider, the right verticle track AND the MENU button, and then back to the seek slider... and it only gives u 3 seconds to figure out what button u need to press before u have to go thru all those options all over again

but it is well worth the effort of learning tho...

pretty good pre-outs and the usb with the direct ipod connect is quite convenient and easy to use

i liked it so much that i bought 3 more and distributed them to a few close friends

roarzorz
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I love mine. It's easy to use and easy to figure out. The only thing I dislike is the slidetrack crap. It ***** for scanning through tracks so I just use the remote.

EasyGuy
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
I have the 785 for more than half a year now, In terms of quality and options its practicly infinite. Its so vast in it's tunning offerings that at first I was lost...

The quality is to die for especially at it's price, you wont get 6X6V outputs running 24bit anywhere else.

But here are the drawbacks I've found:

-Made for high mount dashboards only, Mine is mounted low and visability is quite poor.
-There is a Pause button but no AT button as my old Sony Xplod had which I've grown acustom to.
-Random setting is totaly screwed up, if you leave it on RND and wait for a song to end it randomises the songs but if you skip then it goes to the next in line (WTF?!)
-When running from my USB disk-on-key it freezes from time to time (once every two weeks) but simply changing sources fixes it, so its just a tad annoying.

Bottom line is, its an awesome HU and I for one can recommend it as long as what i've stated above wont drive you mad.

Hope it helps.

I had the same frustration with the random play of this HU too, but yesterday i found a solution. I think Clarion meant to do this, on their remote instead of hitting the next button, hit "RDM" (random) that will randomly play the next random song. I came across your post as i was looking for a solution, but now that i found it and know how fustrating it is, i registered to let you know the solution. good luck.