PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand Components...

JHardee
01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
alright so i just bought a pair of Phoenix gold RSD 5.25s and ill be running an amp to the pair so could anyone help me understand how the heck you install the components they have the speaker which ill put where my are now then imma run the tweeters up the door and drill a hole in the top corner to fit the tweeters but what is that freakin box that you connect everything to? do i just run the wiries where my old speakers were into the little connectors on box? and if im going to run an amp to um how do i hook that up to the components. thanks yall

BushJ311
01-20-2009, 08:27 PM
there will be a place for an input on the crossover. and then you run wire from the mid to the cross over and then wires from tweeter to cross over. It is marked for each.

JHardee
01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
so the manual should tell me everything i need to know then? n what about amp if you dont mind... there only 60 watts rms a peice and its only a pair so.... do i just need like a ****** little 2 channel amp? and how does it work with OHMS... like a 2 channel amp that does what exactly... what should i look for on it? thanks

dman4486
01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
there will be a little package labeled "instructions" that comes in the box.....sounds like you need to read the entire set.

Then if you still don't understand come back and ask questions:D

JHardee
01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
hahah well thanks dman, will do, ill get back with you, cause i guarentee i still wont get it

BushJ311
01-20-2009, 08:35 PM
For an amp you will run wires from the amps output to the cross overs input and then tweeters and mids from cross overs

ngsm13
01-20-2009, 08:35 PM
www.bcae1.com (http://www.bcae1.com)

Ask no more questions, read. Tough concept, I know...

nG

JHardee
01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
alright, not to confusing, i should be able to myself just fine... dont need to waste more money on ppl doin **** for me i got this

Tehgregzor
01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
alright, not to confusing, i should be able to myself just fine... dont need to waste more money on ppl doin **** for me i got this

exactly bud. for the most part, you really can't do anything thats just going to blow up your amp and speakers. Just read how to set the gains on your amp and you will have learned alot :)

JHardee
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
well **** i get bout gains n subs and what not, im running a Fi Q 15 right now.. n i wanted to get some compnents and deadner to help balance out my sound but never deal with components. but from what yall sayin i should be fine. thanks

JHardee
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
WAIT! before stop reading thread.... so when i buy an amp for them, imma just buy a 4 channel amp that runs it at 4 or 2 ohm? or does that not matter with components??? and also do i subtract what my H/U's gonna put out per speaker? say it power my speaker wth 15 watts n mine put out 60.. should i find an amp that puts out 45 per speaker?/

pjhabit
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
www.bcae1.com (http://www.bcae1.com)

Ask no more questions, read. Tough concept, I know...

nG

:word: less posting & more reading

Punk In Drublic
01-20-2009, 11:05 PM
WAIT! before stop reading thread.... so when i buy an amp for them, imma just buy a 4 channel amp that runs it at 4 or 2 ohm? or does that not matter with components??? and also do i subtract what my H/U's gonna put out per speaker? say it power my speaker wth 15 watts n mine put out 60.. should i find an amp that puts out 45 per speaker?/

No, you do not subtract the power from the head unit's power.. the speakers will be getting all their power from the amp, not the HU.

You should be giving those RSDs around 100 rms each by the way, not 60. I know thats what the website said or whatever but do some research and you will find some people give them 150 or even 200 rms without many problems.

JHardee
01-20-2009, 11:15 PM
alright, well thanks for the input, that makes it easier for me to understand, now my only question i have left to complete this stuff is what amp am i looking for? like say... a 2 channel at 100 rms x2 at 4 or 2 ohms? like how do ohms work with components, should i get the 100 at 4 ohms or 2ohms? also are their like certain amps good for like SQ, do i need to get A/B amp?

Punk In Drublic
01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
the rsd comps are 4ohm speakers, so get an amp that will do 100wrms x 2 at 4 ohms.

JHardee
01-20-2009, 11:52 PM
perfect. thanks man

SRim23
01-21-2009, 12:00 AM
No, you do not subtract the power from the head unit's power.. the speakers will be getting all their power from the amp, not the HU.

You should be giving those RSDs around 100 rms each by the way, not 60. I know thats what the website said or whatever but do some research and you will find some people give them 150 or even 200 rms without many problems.

Thats not entirely true. alot of people giving them that much power say they sound great and like 2 weeks later come back here shrugging their shoulders wondering why their tweets are blown.....