PDA

View Full Version : component and sub advice

longhot
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a good component for my front stage.
My HU will probably be CD7200 MKII and for amp I think I'll buy a DLS RA30.
My main listening is Rock, what would be a good choice for a component and a sub (I like fat and deep bass sound).
I don't have any budget problems, anything goes.

thanks

edit:My car is: Honda Accord

dafobbishon3
01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
hertz hsk165. or arc fd 6000 if you have a good budget i'd go boston pros60 lol and for a sub, i'd say i G5 or an RE and you're set.

dafobbishon3
01-19-2009, 05:26 PM
morel tempo and focal's aren't that bad of comps also.

okiedokie
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
what type of car do you have ?
since you want deep midbass look into hertz 8 comps set.
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.
or you can look up hybrid audio
remember the speaker is only as good as the install
are you going to go active with that head unit?
if so you can look into parts express or madisound to use raw driver like seas,scanspeak,aurum cantus,eton,dayton, etc......

okiedokie
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
you could also look into RE audio like the xxx sub,fi ,or look into mach5 audio, sound splinter over @ http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/

longhot
01-20-2009, 05:21 PM
what type of car do you have ?
since you want deep midbass look into hertz 8 comps set.
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.
or you can look up hybrid audio
remember the speaker is only as good as the install
are you going to go active with that head unit?
if so you can look into parts express or madisound to use raw driver like seas,scanspeak,aurum cantus,eton,dayton, etc......

is hertz 8 is something you will call high end ?
I want the best SQ there is.

okiedokie
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
yes it is, there isn't the best there high, mid, & lower end.
Hertz makes some of best speakers on the planet & why i say best is they have imaging, good detail, built quality is great, Hertz will last you for long time just as long as you down abuse them.
If i where looking@ passive comps sets
Hertz-
Rainbow-
ID-
Morel-
Seas-
& yes Focal.
are some best built & sounding comp set company out there
but if i where to go active i would a different route.
you can buy the best that sounds good to your ears, but you dont know whayt your'e doing, lke placement, aiming, deadening, etc....., then it wont make that much of difference on what set you buy.
if you can find a shop which maybe hard over where your'e from, i would probably buy Morel. they maybe a little cheaper since they are make in Israel & you live in Israel.
Morel makes a 9 inch mid good upper mid & lower midbass.

andrew2944r
01-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Rainbow comps and LMS sub

budahbuddy803
01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I enjoy rainbow and ID components and subs. Never heard focal or morel but those also get great reviews.

okiedokie
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
never heard the LMS Subs,
everthing i list i've heard so to me it about what sounds good to your ear.
look into the HELIX

Horsemanwill
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
going by that amp you have listed there the 3 channel amp rated at 2x70 and 1 x 265 under rated i'm sure, i'm guessing your wanting to run passive component set up front and one sub in the back. if you go with the ID CXS62 v2 shown here, http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7173, you can get 100 watts, probably a lil more, from the front channels of that amp. as for the sub depending on how loud your wanting it i'd say get an ID v3 d4, either 10 or 12, and that'll give you 365 watts at 2 ohms.

longhot
01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
yes it is, there isn't the best there high, mid, & lower end.
Hertz makes some of best speakers on the planet & why i say best is they have imaging, good detail, built quality is great, Hertz will last you for long time just as long as you down abuse them.
If i where looking@ passive comps sets
Hertz-
Rainbow-
ID-
Morel-
Seas-
& yes Focal.
are some best built & sounding comp set company out there
but if i where to go active i would a different route.
you can buy the best that sounds good to your ears, but you dont know whayt your'e doing, lke placement, aiming, deadening, etc....., then it wont make that much of difference on what set you buy.
if you can find a shop which maybe hard over where your'e from, i would probably buy Morel. they maybe a little cheaper since they are make in Israel & you live in Israel.
Morel makes a 9 inch mid good upper mid & lower midbass.

I've listened to Hertz yesterday.. they are superb speakers for house and dance music but, when I put Rock CD they ****.
when I've put the same CD in with Boston Pros, it was out of this world..
I don't know, now I startin all over again.

and what is the difference betueen active ans passive speakers ?

okiedokie
01-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Mostnot all comps sets come a passive per made xover that company supply's for you.
now if your'e still thinking about buying that eclipse 7200 mkII your best bet is to run active you'll have a lot of processing at your finger tips.
with active you can get a four channel amps & use the front for your tweeters .
& the rear for your mids.you will be useing the xover on the deck.
it get more complicated then that, but that the start.

if you arn't or want to learn how to set up a active set up ythen aybe you could go with eclipses newer cd player i think it's 5030!

Bostons are clean & loud without much midbass.
you really cant tell what a speaker going to sound like on those board, until you put them in your car.

which Hertz's did you listen to?
I like the HSK mid & Milles Tweeters.

keep on listening to more comps, you'll find the right one for you.
hey are there any Zapco dealers around you? if so check them out, there comps are very well balanced sounding.