PDA

View Full Version : Viper 5900 Bypass Module

Vols8907
01-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I just recently purchased a Viper 5900. I drive a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox. I wanted to purchase the bypass module off of the internet to try to save a bit of money on installation. Does anyone know which bypass I would need? Thanks.

THUNDERBIRD
01-18-2009, 06:57 PM
pkall, xk06(i use) pljx

mendon99
01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Xk06 with PLJX firmware, which means the modual needs to be flashed. So you'll need a local shop to flash it for you after you purchase it. Good luck as this car doesn't have standard ignition wires, it can quickly become confusing if you don't install these moduals on a half daily basis.

Ferendon
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
If you've never done a remote start before, that is NOT the car to start out with. If you do it, get the PKALL, as it doesn't require any flashing or upgrading. I usually use FLCAN where applicable.

Battery RED/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 2 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 YELLOW (+) AT STARTER
Anti-Theft Type RESISTOR BASED
Anti-Theft Descript PASSLOCK II
Key Sense LIGHT GREEN (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Tachometer LT.BLUE (AC) AT IGNITION COIL ON THE TOP OF ENGINE
Speed Sense BROWN (AC) PIN 22 IN A BLUE PLUG AT THE PCM
Parking Lights BROWN (+) AT BCM MODULE UNDER RADIO IN DASH
Low Crr. Pk Lights LT.BLUE (-) IN HARNESS COMING FROM LIGHT SWITCH
Brake Lights LT.BLUE (+) AT BCM
Reverse Lights LIGHT GREEN (+) AT THE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Horn TAN (-) AT THE STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Good luck, holmes.

NeverEnuffBass
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Xk06 with PLJX firmware, which means the modual needs to be flashed. So you'll need a local shop to flash it for you after you purchase it. Good luck as this car doesn't have standard ignition wires, it can quickly become confusing if you don't install these moduals on a half daily basis.

I'm new to doing starters in the install bay i'll have to look out for these :crap:

THUNDERBIRD
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm new to doing starters in the install bay i'll have to look out for these :crap:

its not all that bad. you dont have to hook up starter on this car. the newer chevys are a love hate for me i love i can grap a bunch of wires at the bcm in the consoul yet hate probing for them and find myself grabbing them elsewhere. like in colbalts and g5's

mendon99
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
there aren't too many cars that I dread doing either, but to someone who's new to it, its sometimes a but overwhelming .. just warning him is all.

Vols8907
01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I had no intentions of installing the thing myself. I just wanted to by the bypass from the internet instead of paying for it through the place I'm getting it installed, so would it matter which one I bought since I'm taking it to them or would I be better off calling them and seeing which one they use?

NeverEnuffBass
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I had no intentions of installing the thing myself. I just wanted to by the bypass from the internet instead of paying for it through the place I'm getting it installed, so would it matter which one I bought since I'm taking it to them or would I be better off calling them and seeing which one they use?

just buy it threw the shop in most cases you will be charged more to install parts that were purchased elsewhere

THUNDERBIRD
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
there aren't too many cars that I dread doing either, but to someone who's new to it, its sometimes a but overwhelming .. just warning him is all.

there are a few i dread. toyota highlanders remote start is cake so much room wires right there but then the keyless end is FUBAR, and then trying to find all the **** data wires is a ***** i end up Uing them and fighting with the ring to stay put.

Vols8907
01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
just buy it threw the shop in most cases you will be charged more to install parts that were purchased elsewhere

Ok Thanks

mendon99
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I agree. Also you'll lose your warranty if you don't buy it authorized.