PDA

View Full Version : ID CTX65CS & Morel Tempo 6

thedust316
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
I've finally narrowed down all choices to these two. It seems like these two are liked by most on these forums. I'm wanting to know which you guys would choose. Are the Morel's really worth the extra money over the ID's?

Hoodlum007
01-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Im running the CTX65 comps and i love them.

shaneb
01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I have the CTX mids paired up with horns, about to throw 230wrms on each mid. They do great so far on 150wrms. Can't complain at all. I've heard morel, wasn't real impressed, ID's gear just comes alive with the right setup.
I ran the passives with tweets for about 2 weeks, couldn't complain on the tweeters at all, crisp and clean.

brynm
01-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Any of the ID guys heard the CXS62's with about 300 on them?

I've been tosssed up between the CTX's at 150 or the CXS's at 300

macq32
01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Never heard the ID's but you wouldnt be disappointed with the Morels

vladi627
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Both are great components. I have the ctx65cs and they sound great especially for the price.

19992wdtaco
01-21-2009, 12:34 AM
How do those ID's do on 50x2? My amp is an older Arc 2050 cxl, some Arc literature said 50x2 and others say 70x2. I wish they made 2 ohm versions.

AznrMix88
01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
This isnt even a comparison... The Tempo 6 murder the CTX in a side by side comparison. I know there are a lot of ID supporters here but this is just apples and oranges. We put the CTX as a direct drop in to compare against my Tempo 6 and we saw a decrease in midbass, and the tweeter was clearly more harsh than the ones on my Morel set.

If you have the extra cash, spend it. Its your car and you'll be listening to it everyday.

da box king
01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
This isnt even a comparison... The Tempo 6 murder the CTX in a side by side comparison. I know there are a lot of ID supporters here but this is just apples and oranges. We put the CTX as a direct drop in to compare against my Tempo 6 and we saw a decrease in midbass, and the tweeter was clearly more harsh than the ones on my Morel set.

If you have the extra cash, spend it. Its your car and you'll be listening to it everyday.

hmmm, not sure how you can say the ID tweet is harsh....maybe too much power during the swap?

lyttleviet
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
hmmm, not sure how you can say the ID tweet is harsh....maybe too much power during the swap?

They are a tad for my taste but still very good components especially at that price point..

There are others that rival it as well in that range =P.

AznrMix88
01-22-2009, 12:13 PM

They weren't overly harsh, but compared to the Tempo 6, you could easily tell the difference. I think I was running between 120-150wrms to both sets.

I've heard the CTX in other environments too. Everyone of those people have been impressed with the Tempo 6 in a stock door with NO prep compared to theirs with prep :eek:.. I can't wait to do my doors this spring and see what they can do!

Either way, you will be getting a good set of components. I am just saying its worth the extra money to get the Morels if you got it. :veryhapp:

Ridinhi
01-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Would the Arc FD6000 comps be on the same level as these comps mentioned?

ExplicitUrSelf
01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I am also debating whether i should get the CTX's, i have heard alot of good things and alot of people say they are worth more than what they are priced http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338500

Hoodlum007
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM

No way, I have heard both and the CTX sound just as good as the Morel if not better. The tweeters on the CTX are far from harsh.
I would get the CTX's and with the money your saving get some deadening material.

SQPL
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
They weren't overly harsh, but compared to the Tempo 6, you could easily tell the difference. I think I was running between 120-150wrms to both sets.

I've heard the CTX in other environments too. Everyone of those people have been impressed with the Tempo 6 in a stock door with NO prep compared to theirs with prep :eek:.. I can't wait to do my doors this spring and see what they can do!

Either way, you will be getting a good set of components. I am just saying its worth the extra money to get the Morels if you got it. :veryhapp:

Where can we get the Morel Tempo 6 for a good price?

magliteman
01-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Where can we get the Morel Tempo 6 for a good price?

Morel Tempo - $250.00
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4765

SQPL
01-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Any pictures of the morel tempo 6's magnet?

jeff33702
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Pics to compare the morel with ID OEMs. I have yet to install these, so we will see! :)

atoprak
02-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Well In my country we can find tempo 6 under $200 ... in that price range this is unbeatable if you can deliver that much power and like soft highs, little low mids ... for alternative you may go DLS R6(80w) or Helix e136 (60-100w)

jeff33702
02-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Update. I've installed my Morel Tempo 6 set. Almost no midbass and they sound muddy with poor separation when the music has a lot going on (any rock song). Pulling the crossover apart reveals maybe 3 smal components inside. The crossover housing could have easily been less than half this size - which tells me that the manufacturer wants to fool the buyer into thinking that there's more in there than there is...that it's like most other crossovers. I'll try to get a picture, but it's empty inside. I wish I would have tried the CTX65CS instead....

SQPL
02-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Update. I've installed my Morel Tempo 6 set. Almost no midbass and they sound muddy with poor separation when the music has a lot going on (any rock song). Pulling the crossover apart reveals maybe 3 smal components inside. The crossover housing could have easily been less than half this size - which tells me that the manufacturer wants to fool the buyer into thinking that there's more in there than there is...that it's like most other crossovers. I'll try to get a picture, but it's empty inside. I wish I would have tried the CTX65CS instead....

Are your doors already deadened? in for pics.

937DYTBOI
02-15-2009, 10:30 AM
ive been recommending the CTX65cs to people in build estimates

viscid240
02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Update. I've installed my Morel Tempo 6 set. Almost no midbass and they sound muddy with poor separation when the music has a lot going on (any rock song).

That is very odd. My doors are not deadened yet, and I must tell you. My midbass is flawless. Hits low and nice. As for muddy, I am curious to how your setting are or what is going on in your setup.

I played Eagles, Fray, Tool and hip hop. they played crisp and clear. I even toned down my highs quite a bit as well as my lows. Mine are crossed around 65hz.

Brian_smith06
02-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Any of the ID guys heard the CXS62's with about 300 on them?

I've been tosssed up between the CTX's at 150 or the CXS's at 300

i would go with the cxs @300 watts :)

i currently run my xs comp set with 300 watts and they sound beautiful. really come to life

jeff33702
02-15-2009, 11:53 AM
That is very odd. My doors are not deadened yet, and I must tell you. My midbass is flawless. Hits low and nice. As for muddy, I am curious to how your setting are or what is going on in your setup.

I played Eagles, Fray, Tool and hip hop. they played crisp and clear. I even toned down my highs quite a bit as well as my lows. Mine are crossed around 65hz.

Seems like we listen to similar music. I've tried quite a few things. I'm working on a pre-amp voltage/gain issue right now though.....(to achieve the correct voltage vie JLs gain instructions, I must crank the gains - and the amp is set for a low-voltage input, where mine should be 5v, which makes me think it should be set on high voltage. So, basically, what Im having to do is set the amp on the most sensitive setting, THEN crank up the gains to achieve the correct voltage at 3/4 HU volume... argh.

viscid240
02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Seems like we listen to similar music. I've tried quite a few things. I'm working on a pre-amp voltage/gain issue right now though.....(to achieve the correct voltage vie JLs gain instructions, I must crank the gains - and the amp is set for a low-voltage input, where mine should be 5v, which makes me think it should be set on high voltage. So, basically, what Im having to do is set the amp on the most sensitive setting, THEN crank up the gains to achieve the correct voltage at 3/4 HU volume... argh.

What amp are you using? How many watts and what are you crossing them over at? I have mine bridged 250x2. I had set mine with a dmm and my gains were just before the 1/2 way point, so lots of gain still to be left.

My decks vol. goes up to 62 and the most I have turned it up was 40 and that is very rare. These things scream and don't get sloppy at higher volumes either. I do have to adjust my gains over as the other day playing with my x-over settings I accidentally turned my gain knobs. It should be close to where it's setting per dmm.

jeff33702
02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I have a JL HD600/4 It's running in 4ch mode, so 150 per channel.

viscid240
02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I have a JL HD600/4 It's running in 4ch mode, so 150 per channel.

Do you have aim?

IgnoreMe
02-15-2009, 03:03 PM
if i had the choice again...i wouldnt have picked up my tempo 6's.

jeff33702
02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Do you have aim?

I have windows live messenger. PM sent.

-

lekwid8620
04-25-2009, 11:54 AM
huh