PDA

View Full Version : Help Building Athird Row Eclosure For 2 15" L7s

zerocarpileup
01-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey guys im new to this site and absolutely loving what i see,
I need help building a box for my 2002 Escalade to fit behind the third row.
im not looking to go too fancy but id like to see what ideas you all have for me.

im trying to fit two 15" kicker L7s bind the third row. i see i dont have much room to work with so i guess im going to have to build across the whole back.

i have a pic of what 3 12 solo's look like but i could use some specific instructions.
Please Help!

azimuth
01-18-2009, 01:18 PM
i was never impressed with the size of the box that kicker squares go in, but if you can get each of them in 6 cubes, they slam as hard as any sub. the boxes are just too big for my taste. looks like you have limited space. my recommendation with those subs, would be to port just 1 in 6 cubes, if you can't fit them both. the l7 15 is an impressive sounding sub in a nice big box. if you start dropping down too low, in an attempt to fit 2 of them in a smaller space, you will lose output. not the most efficient subs around. i have done L7's in similar vehicles, and if you can get the 6 cubes for each sub in there, you won't know many people who can get louder than you.

bonesninja
01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
i've done 2 15"s in just under 8 cubes...they were very loud

azimuth
01-18-2009, 02:04 PM
i've done 2 15"s in just under 8 cubes...they were very loud

i took an 8.5 cube box out, and replaced it with 12 cubes in an avalanche, and it was like a whole different sub. night and day difference.

Lakota
01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
6 cubes per 15" L7? You're crazy. The biggest that I would go is 4.5 per sub. You'll lose a lot of output with a box that big.

zerocarpileup
01-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanx for the input guys, but im getting a bit confused with all the different specs. were talking sealed enclosure if that makes any difference on cubes.
does anyone have a diagram i can see,:stuck:

bonesninja
01-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanx for the input guys, but im getting a bit confused with all the different specs. were talking sealed enclosure if that makes any difference on cubes.
does anyone have a diagram i can see,:stuck:

i would not use those subs in a sealed box.....if you really want to do 15"s Sealed, look at maybe the CVR's if you like Kicker. I would rather spend a bit more money and go with Soundsplinter RL-p's or Stereo Integrity Magnums..the last model not the current model.

azimuth
01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
6 cubes per 15" L7? You're crazy. The biggest that I would go is 4.5 per sub. You'll lose a lot of output with a box that big.

not on the lower end you don't.

zerocarpileup
01-18-2009, 06:03 PM
i would not use those subs in a sealed box.....if you really want to do 15"s Sealed, look at maybe the CVR's if you like Kicker. I would rather spend a bit more money and go with Soundsplinter RL-p's or Stereo Integrity Magnums..the last model not the current model.

ok, so you say i should go ported, what are the pros and cons of ported vs.non-ported, given the information on the style of box i want, similar to the pics i posted.

i will go measure and post the specs of the space behind the third row

azimuth
01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
ok, so you say i should go ported, what are the pros and cons of ported vs.non-ported, given the information on the style of box i want, similar to the pics i posted.

i will go measure and post the specs of the space behind the third row

ported is a more effeicient way to get loud if you can sacrifice the space. if you need a small box sub, go with a sub meant to be in a small box. kicker is not the way to go if you want small and ported. the 15 kicker l7 needs 5, preferably 6 cubes to reach optimum performance. other 15's like a much smaller box. some do well in even 3.5 cubes ported. some 15's do well in 3.5 cubes sealed, but require 6 ported.

on1wheel01
02-03-2009, 03:30 AM
sorry to thread jack but im getting ready to build a ported box one 15" l7 d4 i looked and they say 3 to 6 cubes so i should go for the 6 cubes. for now i have a rockford 1200