PDA

View Full Version : CD song information

cbrei1023
01-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Why, when you put in a "real" CD, dont I get any track or album information. By real I mean like a CD thta I bought at best buy or something.

If it is an MP3 disc it has all the information about the song that I could want.

Why cant that information be gotten off "real" CDs.

snb778
01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
i get a lot of random displaying like that as well...never could figure out why that happens

geowick07
01-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Store-bought CD's are recorded in CDA format. Most manufacturers do not include artist/album/track information on these CD's.
MP3 CD's are in, you guessed it, MP3 format. Programs such as MP3Tag and the like are designed to "tag" MP3 files with artist/album/track information. Therefore, when an MP3 CD is loaded into a compatible player, the info is displayed.

geo

cbrei1023
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
How does my computer pick the information off the disc when i rip a CD?

bigaudiofanati2
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
It dosent it accesses the internet and gets it.

geowick07
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
How does my computer pick the information off the disc when i rip a CD?

It dosent it accesses the internet and gets it.
This is true. Most audio programs (Windows Media Player, Nero, etc.) access the internet when a CD is inserted. All information is downloaded and used by the program.
But, if you take the CD and put it in a different computer, WMP etc. will do the same thing again. No info is written to the disk; it is only stored in the program.

geo

cbrei1023
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Alright, that makes sense. Kinda gay that they dont put that info on there tho.

germandark
01-15-2009, 04:58 PM
mp3 usally have id3 tags or similar format for that information. some newer cd's do contain some track and album data. an example would be T Pain's new cd Three Ringz.

HyPnAwTiKpImP
01-15-2009, 05:11 PM
EAC/LAME ur CD get high quility copy of ur original CD's and get all the information u need just follow this page

www.bestmp3guide.com

adam71
01-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Why, when you put in a "real" CD, dont I get any track or album information. By real I mean like a CD thta I bought at best buy or something.

If it is an MP3 disc it has all the information about the song that I could want.

Why cant that information be gotten off "real" CDs.

The feature you speak of is called "CD TEXT". Only a few store bought CDs have this information on them. Your Pioneer 6000UB has this feature built in. But the CD you're playing has to have this encoded onto the disc in order for it to display the information.

That is why when I burn a copy of a disc to be played in my car I use Nero and it automatically puts CD TEXT information on the disc. So all my burned copies have artist and song info on them.

adam71
01-16-2009, 07:01 PM
EAC/LAME ur CD get high quility copy of ur original CD's and get all the information u need just follow this page

www.bestmp3guide.com

I use this as well. VBR is the best MP3s. Back when I had my 860 in my car I used to burn a lot of MP3 CDs with that method. Sounded great for mp3s.

adam71
01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
mp3 usally have id3 tags or similar format for that information. some newer cd's do contain some track and album data. an example would be T Pain's new cd Three Ringz.

Opeth's Ghost Reveries has TEXT as well.