PDA

View Full Version : Venting back seat, best way to seal up speakers in the rear deck?

I Like Waffle
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Im venting my back seat in my car to allow more bass in the cabin or whatever, Basically just a 36 x 10 port in the backseat. But i need to use something to seal up the deck where the rear speakers are, what would you guys reccomend? The factory speakers came with cotton shields stuck over them i guess to help with that. What about dynamatting a cereal bowl and sticking it under it? :confused: I just need something to keep the sound from the back of the speakers out of the cabin.

sml238
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
the cereal bowl idea is good. use cookie crisp with 2% milk. im sure that will deaden the sound from those speakers ;)

hah to be honest i dont even understand what ur asking? r u trying to cut holes in ur back dash to let bass from ur trunk through?

MTX520
01-15-2009, 12:46 AM
the cereal bowl idea is good. use cookie crisp with 2% milk. im sure that will deaden the sound from those speakers ;)

hah to be honest i dont even understand what ur asking? r u trying to cut holes in ur back dash to let bass from ur trunk through?

x2!!!

KyleBechtold
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
if you are porting through back seats no bass should be in the trunk...? there for rear deck speakers should remain VBA free

kurrupt
01-15-2009, 12:49 AM
pull the speakers out lay tin foil inside the hole and have it come out of the pod where the speaker gets screwed in then fiberglass in that tinfoil let harder pull from tinfoil put speaker inside of that and then screw into rear deck simple as that

FootlongSam
01-15-2009, 12:50 AM

Hey man, Clean out your inbox, I'm tryin to get at you

I Like Waffle
01-15-2009, 01:07 AM
im sure everyone here knows how nasty sounding stuff comes out of the rear of the speakers, IE if you open the trunk and listen to your speakers from behind them it sounds really muddy. When i vent the backseat all that sound is gonna be able to come into the cabin, unless i block off the back of the speakers somehow.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377505

Read that thread to see what i mean about how my rear deck is setup