PDA

View Full Version : question

miniaznkid
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
i was looking through the pioneer website and the deh 6100 has a eq for 3 band parametric and the 7100 has 7 band graphic. since im still looking at new decks which one is better.

SethPhillips
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
i was looking through the pioneer website and the deh 6100 has a eq for 3 band parametric and the 7100 has 7 band graphic. since im still looking at new decks which one is better.

you can't be serious?

Blue Fury
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
you can't be serious?

How about hes new and has never been exposed to this before. Hes gotta start somewhere prick.

The 7-band will give you more control over certain ranges of frequencies. Itll allow you to 'turn up' a particular range and 'turn down' others similar to a volume knob. There are certain things effected by turning them but just to answer your question without getting into too many details... If youre not concerned with finer tuning, get the 3. Many people have a 3 band and seem to be happy with it.

KyleBechtold
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
if you are newer get the three.. with 7 bands its easier to make everything sound like ****.. with 3 its a little harder and even if it does you only have 3 bars to change

shaneb
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
The 7100 has a much better set of features and is over all a better deck.
I would personally go with a 7 band graphic, though you lose some of the adjustments you might have with a parametric. You may or may not have a adjustable Q and you have defined bands you can adjust. Parametric, you typically choose the ones you want to change. And there is a adjustable Q.

Horsemanwill
01-14-2009, 07:17 PM
7100 is better get that

cbrei1023
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
If you are new I would get the 6100. I feel that with a 7-band you could risk damaging other components if you are new to the hobby and not sure about EQs yet. Car audio is a vicious cycle. Id bet that you will upgrade that deck in the future, at which point you can make a more educated decision on what features and such you want in a deck. How big a price difference is it between the two?

If you get the 7100 when you do play with the EQ make small changes and be weary of distortion as you "turn up" lower frequencies.